i am combining
    black nitrous coal
    bonded loam
    rhenium plate bracer template
    malleable northman ore
    northman smithing hammer
    water flask
    barbarian wristguard mold

i have also tried using fair and ductile northman ores and still get the DNC
    as well as using the rhenium plate gauntlets and vambrace molds and still getting the DNC

need help please

Recipe calls for fair northman ore in the UI. Have not made a bracer, as most use Dwerium stuffs, but the rest work fine. Also, did you buy the recipe books from the merchants outside the PoK library to 'learn' the recipes? That's a prerequisite also.
    Last edited by Kintai; 01-30-2008, 11:15 AM.
    Master Artisan Kintai LoMεin
    80 Shaman
    Erollisi Marr
    3000 club

Comment

Originally posted by Kintai View Post
      Recipe calls for fair northman ore in the UI. Have not made a bracer, as most use Dwerium stuffs, but the rest work fine. Also, did you buy the recipe books from the merchants outside the PoK library to 'learn' the recipes? That's a prerequisite also.
      You don't have to buy the books. You can experiment. The books just allow you to learn them all at once without attempting the recipes.

Comment

Originally posted by Twistagain View Post
        You don't have to buy the books. You can experiment. The books just allow you to learn them all at once without attempting the recipes.
        You do not have to buy the books for templates. You can experiment them.

I know for Exalted/Sublime/Elegant, you have to buy the books.

For Elaborate (and not sure about the lower versions) you have to buy the book unless you made the item (experimented and learned the recipe) prior to the patch that added the books.
        Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
        Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

I have successfully made the lower 2 levels of Shadowrise armor without buying any books. This has been in the past week without ever having tailored anything before. It could be bugged, or it could be just lower levels. Maybe Intricate is where the trend breaks?

Comment

Originally posted by Twistagain View Post
            I have successfully made the lower 2 levels of Shadowrise armor without buying any books. This has been in the past week without ever having tailored anything before. It could be bugged, or it could be just lower levels. Maybe Intricate is where the trend breaks?
            Did you get a message "You have learned a new recipe for <item name>?

Also, for those posting that there are errors between what you think should be in a recipe, what the tradeskill UI says, and what it says here, make sure you /bug it in game with details so that it can get to Ngreth through the proper channels. There may be an error in the recipe data, or it could be an error in the database here.
            Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
            Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Yes. I've been using Ornate Gloves to skillup. I learned Mistwoven and Shadowrise without books. They are in my favorites list now.

Comment

intricate snowborn bugged

I have made the inticate frostwarded items just fine with no issues using malleable ore i have tried both malleable and fair ore and a couple others and still am recieving the same DNC

anything else i can try

Comment

Working...
                X