Not a big deal really...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a big deal really...

Okay, I know this is a minor thing really, but it kind of bugs me and I was wondering if I could get any advice here or if I should bother the fine people at the tech support forums with something this small.

I have been working on my cultural smithing so that my Necro could wear chain armor, (no robes for me!), and just reached the point where I have trivialed Imbued Teir Dal chain and have same equipped in all my visible armor slots. All of my pieces show the chain graphic except for the coif which shows a leather graphic. I do have some non chain pieces in my shoulder, face and back slots. I thought maybe that they were interfering with the head slot graphic but removing them has made no difference.

I havent added chain pieces to those slots yet because, well, imbued saphires are kind expensive to obtain and I was hanging on to the precous few i have in the event I need them later on.

My question is: Is this a graphic bug or do I need to have chain on any or all of my back/shoulder/face slots to get the chain graphic to show on my head. Like I said, just removing the items from those slots has not made a difference.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Peres Shadeweaver

38 necromancer

A proud member of The Dark Elf Militia of Norrath - Stromm server

P.S. A VERY long overdue thanks for this site.

Back, shoulder, neck, finger or any other slot that doesnt have graphics, have nothing to do with other pieces graphics.

If your coif have leather graphics, tough luck, not much you can do to change it to chain graphics.
    Expert Artisan Secone Iceskimo of Antonius Bayle
    70 Paladin of Tunare
    My Complete Tradeskill Guide 3.0
    (300 Brewer +15%) (300 Jewler+12%) (300 Baker) (300 Potter+12%)
    (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
    Salvage3
    Fumlefingre (286)+8% Tinker
    Snigemorder (300)+15% Poisonmaker

Comment

Originally posted by Peres
      I have been working on my cultural smithing so that my Necro could wear chain armor, (no robes for me!)
      Ummm... I hate to break it to you, but necros can't wear chain armor. The different types of armor (cloth, leather, chain and plate) can only be worn by specific classes. Now there are the occasional items that have a different graphic than what you would expect. For example, my Ranger, who can only wear up to chain armor (can't wear plate) did have a set of arms that were chain, but when worn looked like plate. Oonna also has a chest item that IS cloth, but looks like a cloth or leather tunic instead of a robe. There is a list I stumbled across somewhere that someone has posted listing the items that have a different graphic then they would normally. I'll look for it in a bit.
      Oonna Wynterbreeze - 61 Enchanter

Jewelry - 300, Baking - 200, Brewing - 200, Fletching - 200, Pottery - 200, Research - 200, Tailoring - 188, Fishing - 184, Smithing - 125

The Rathe

Comment

Originally posted by Oona Wynterbreeze
        Ummm... I hate to break it to you, but necros can't wear chain armor.
        The first set of cultural (pre-DoN, pre-Blue Diamond) had int-caster wearable smithed chain-style-recipe chain-graphic armor for some races (high elf and dark elf cultural comes to mind, perhaps more). Was quite popular from what I remember, especially with the anti-robe crowd.

As for the original poster, head graphics for a set are often weird, frequently being absent or sometimes of a different style (cloth in a leather set, leather in a plate set, or whatnot). People are picky about head appearances which has lead to many curious armor sets from the attempts at "solutions". If the tier'dal chain helm graphic appears to be leather, you're probably stuck with it looking like leather

Regardless, the only slot that effects the head graphic is the head slot, so don't worry about shoulders, face, etc interferring.
        Last edited by Dunthor Warsmith; 06-21-2005, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks I kind of had a feeling that this was the case but just wanted to check.

The first set of cultural (pre-DoN, pre-Blue Diamond) had int-caster wearable smithed chain-style-recipe chain-graphic armor for some races (high elf and dark elf cultural comes to mind, perhaps more). Was quite popular from what I remember, especially with the anti-robe crowd.
          This is correct. Teir Dal Cultural: Enchanted, Imbued, and Teir Dal soverign chain are all caster wearable.

thanks again all

Peres

Comment

Yep, High Elf and Dark Elf blue diamond-based cultural armors have a Chain set for INT casters. Spent many levels with people mistaking me either for a ranger or cleric, depending on whether or not I was "dual-wielding" my Geerlok and GM Smith's Hammer

If you're looking for an alternative head piece, the new silk-based DoN cultural helm has NO graphic, and comparatively nice stats.
            Aleksandros Baelmah
            70 Arch Magus, Infinite Jest
            Green Lantern, Felwithe Sector, Norrath, Xegony
            Journeyman Artisan
            Expert Smith (266)
            Spell Research (197)
            Journeyman Fletcher, Baker, Brewer, Jeweller, Potter, Fisherman (200), Tailor (212)

Comment

If you're looking for an alternative head piece, the new silk-based DoN cultural helm has NO graphic, and comparatively nice stats.
              No fair, the chain hats have a horrible looking graphic =\

Comment

Originally posted by tnexus
                No fair, the chain hats have a horrible looking graphic =\
                As has been noted elsewhere, I'm too lazy to track down a reference, but if pressed I will....

The developers have expressed an interest in adding a switch to the options window to hide the model of your helm, regardless what armor you're wearing. I remember this, because the dev who mentioned it said he would go back through and add appropriate models to all the existings head gear which had no model.

My wife actually down-graded her helm so her hair would show. As a halfling ranger, I wear a chain-mail sock on my head.
                I tried combining Celestial Solvent, a Raw Rough Hide, Rough Hide Solution and a Skinning Knife. But the result was such an oxymoron, it opened a rift into another universe. I fell through into one of Nodyin's spreadsheets and was slain by a misplaced decimal.

Comment

Just to prove you can get some nice combos, here is my BST in full plate. check out his magelo

Comment

Would be usefull to include the magelo then :P

**** dutchies

Comment

because of the picture it isn't that good to see, but actually clicking the word magelo in my previous post lets you see the magelo link

Comment

You can pretty much get any class in any type of armor graphic, just have to search around.

Comment

Working...
                        X