Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I need to make a shar vahl sewing kit for my bst. Can my HIE who has high enough smithing skill make this or does the bst have to make the combine?
    Sorry for beeing a newb
    Not to die but to be reborn

Shar Vahl Sewing Kit
    Container: CLOSED.
    WT: 4.0 Weight Reduction: 0%
    Capacity: 10 Size Capacity: LARGE

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    item|sources|full list
    Recipe(s):

Smithing Components: needle mold, small brick of ancestral acrylia, thimble mold, water flask
    In: shar vahl forge
    Yield: 1
    This combine may only be made by Vah Shir
    Trivial at: 162

Sorry, only the Kitty can make it.
    Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
    Silky Moderator Lady
    Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

Noooooooooooooo /deep breath Nooooooooooooo

**** now I have to start smithing, I dont suppose there are any kitty tailors on BERTOX that might want to sell one

Originally posted by Maevenniia
      Shar Vahl Sewing Kit
      Container: CLOSED.
      WT: 4.0 Weight Reduction: 0%
      Capacity: 10 Size Capacity: LARGE

---------------------------------------------------------------------
      item|sources|full list
      Recipe(s):

Smithing Components: needle mold, small brick of ancestral acrylia, thimble mold, water flask
      In: shar vahl forge
      Yield: 1
      This combine may only be made by Vah Shir
      Trivial at: 162

Sorry, only the Kitty can make it.

Comment

I was in similar situation with my erudite tailor. My solution was to just start attempting to make the sewing kit at skill 0. Took me about 20 attempts and ended up with skill 3. There is a built in minimum success rate (which explains why it took me 20 attempts). Just buy your small bricks in groups of 3 or 4 at a time. That way when you get lucky, you won't be left selling back bunches of them.

If you think you'll ever want to do smithing though, getting to skill 115 (through banded armor) is pretty cheap and will improve your chances of success on the sewing kit to about 50%.
        -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
        try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

Actually, if you don't mind the time, head to Abysmal Sea and do the smithing quest there to raise your smithing skill before you try the sewing kit combine. All that costs you is some time, because you're handed the stuff to combine.

Comment

Hi
            Well I actually got to 121 in about 1 hour doing banded so it wasnt that bad. I did 20 combine of the sewing kit and got 7 successes so I guess Ill stick the rest in baz, any idea these things are worth?.

Originally posted by mewkus
            I was in similar situation with my erudite tailor. My solution was to just start attempting to make the sewing kit at skill 0. Took me about 20 attempts and ended up with skill 3. There is a built in minimum success rate (which explains why it took me 20 attempts). Just buy your small bricks in groups of 3 or 4 at a time. That way when you get lucky, you won't be left selling back bunches of them.

If you think you'll ever want to do smithing though, getting to skill 115 (through banded armor) is pretty cheap and will improve your chances of success on the sewing kit to about 50%.

Comment

Working...
            X