Where is the Northman forge ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the Northman forge ?

Lunalee went last night into Halas to use The Northman Forge @ 232, -316, outside McPherson's Bloody Blades, just to discover three normal forges instead. I /BUGged it, but I am interested if others could please confirm on their servers. I don't believe it's just a Stormhammer Legends thing.

EverFaithful
    EverFaithful

[Luclin - Sleeper - Erollisi Marr]
    Cleric Taven

Follow-Up: barbarian cultral forge posting

Looks like I'm not the only one that noticed it missing.
    barbarian cultral forge
    Larrge > I cant find it..
    binlaen > its around to the left hand side.

Check again binlaen, where it should be - the middle of the 3, opens as Normal FORGE not as the expected Barbarian Cultural one.

Yet More Discoveries
    Human Cultural Forge?

Feb 2003 Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xandros
    Both human Forges are just labeled as "Forge" if you open them, at least prepatch. Haven't tried any of the old cultural recipes yet. Maybe its just a naming bug, the new combines seem to work fine though.

Reply from AbsorEQ

That's a bug. They will still work as cultural forges (in fact, we took away the distinction between the two, Human cultural is now Human cultural, whether you're in Freeport or Qeynos), the only thing that doesn't work is the display name. Until we can get that fixed you'll have to remember which is which. Please help any new players that come along and want to find the right forge.

Sorry about the bug.

Reply from Maddoc-the-Wayfarer

We've completely revamped the way cultural works, including the containers, which makes this a good bit more flexible in the future. There may be a couple recipes that we didn't convert to being used with this new system, so that's something we'll have to look into.
    So, when revamping the cultural system, I got rid of that silliness.

-- Maddoc
    My guess is that other forges are affected. I read that cultural tailoring kits have been accepting regular combines.

So Maddoc (or others) are the new Guild Hall & Bazaar world container "models" set to allow these old world cultural combines?

If the belief now is that given races do not have to return home just to work on their unique crafting, which is great, could some minor missing items from common vendors be added?

For example, the PoK female dwarven weapon mold vendor doesn't sell the Oak Shaft needed for various combines.

I would like to say Thank You for adding the Wayfarer Magus in the Guild Lobby. It does make travel to Abysmal Sea much quicker to pick-up some of those less popular crafting components. An observation, the Magus' FarStone magic doesn't appear to send folks back to the Lobby - could that be considered for the non-Gateable classes?
    Last edited by Cleric Taven; 03-05-2005, 01:48 PM. Reason: More details
    EverFaithful

Cleric Taven

Comment

No Progess

I have /BUGged the DNC using any of the 3 Halas Forges as well as the one now found in the Guild Hall with various combinations of using the Smithy Hammer, the Northman Hammer, a Forging Hammer and I even tried the Velium Hammer.

According to the Database for Barbarian Culturals (pre-DoN)
      Imbued Ivory or Jade & Frost Temper are the common ingredients used.

Imbued Northman Battle Axe
      Axe Head Mold + MQ Folded sheet metal + Oak Shaft

Imbued Northman Ring Bracer
      Large Chainmail bracelet pattern + Large leather wristbands + 1 MQ metal ring + Smithy Hammer

I don't believe the Ogre's Cultural Hammer would help me with Jade Imbued combines for Rallos Zek Barbarian, but then I am willing to try it too.

Any other ideas?
      EverFaithful

Cleric Taven

Comment

Patchwork/Tattered NOT store bought Leathers

Barbarian Cultural recipes page.

Imbued Northman Ring Bracer

Components: frost temper, imbued ivory {or jade}, large chainmail bracelet pattern, large leather wristbands, medium quality metal rings, smithy hammer
        Several of these recipes list leather armor pieces which are purchaseable from Cindl; however, after further discussion with Iceblossom on EQLive's Artisans Way, the problem might be my DNC is because of that error in the EQT Database. [UPDATE - Thank You for your feed back Verdandi and your patience with me - I do believe ALL EQT combines were confirmed as all working in the past]. It may come to Maddoc-the-Wayfarer's comment "There may be a couple recipes that we didn't convert to being used with this new system, so that's something we'll have to look into."

It appears that the Patchwork/Tattered tailored armor made using a Ruined Bear pelt is the correct base armor piece [FOR the Artificer's combinations which are correctly shown in the EQT Db].

If someone could please confirm if any of the Imbuned Jade armors are working would give me some hope. Luna's smithing is still under 200, so many of the Helanic Tundra combines will have to wait.

~Taven
        Last edited by Cleric Taven; 03-14-2005, 03:34 PM. Reason: No EQT DB errors - just more frustrations
        EverFaithful

Cleric Taven

Comment

k, as on 3-14 its working fine for me, woot helanic tundra breastplate.
          Im thinking maybe everyone needs to check their ingredients again, and check the hammer your using.
          ""Check again binlaen, where it should be - the middle of the 3, opens as Normal FORGE not as the expected Barbarian Cultural one.""
          This is incorrect it is the last forge. as i stand here its loc of the forge is 235.94, -315.92,4.38
          The forge does not say cultural just says forge, but when you use the correct items your able to make cultural.
          Btw anyone want 20 helanic tunics or 400 cutting sickles, hehe jk.

binlaen

Comment

It is the fatherest one Back

The first frustration wasn't as much using the wrong forge and I am now using the one in the rearmost of the building, but that the expected combines are just not working. Long story short was to find a friendly Ogre Shaman to imbune the Jade for Rallos Zek.

There have been postitive confirms that the Tribunal's IVORY is working.

I'll keep trying & /BUGging the DNC

One other twist was Store Bought Leathers or hand-made Patchwork for the Chain combines. Not having much luck with any logical combinations of them.

Thank You for your support
            ~LunaLee
            EverFaithful

Cleric Taven

Comment

Yes, imbued ivory did work. The leathers i used were crafted, had 3 hundred sitting in bank since i dont remember when. didnt try store bought leathers.

bin

Comment

Northman Ring Bracer - Success
                Frost Temper + Large Chainmail bracelet pattern + Large storebought Leather wristbands + MQ metal ring + Smithy Hammer

Northman Ring Cloak - Success
                Frost Temper + Large Chainmail cloak pattern + Large storebought leather cloak + 3 MQ metal rings + Smithy Hammer

Perhaps taking a small step backwards to move foward by two.

When I removed the Imbued Jade stone, the Cutural Northman armor piece was made, similar to the success I had trying the Imbued Jade Northman Battle Axe using the former Northman's Forge.

I will keep /BUGging Maddoc for further resolve if we can add it to the issues to check list.
                EverFaithful

Cleric Taven

Comment

Working...
                X