Lockpicks as a skillup route?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockpicks as a skillup route?

I don't see any mention of these as a skillup route in the "learn a skill" area, and I was wondering why. It seems that they are by far the cheapest way to get to 88, only the mold, 1 water flask, and 1 metal bit. I'm sure it's somewhat inconvenient to have to go to FG to buy the molds and to another zone for a forge, is there any other reason not to use these to get to 88? Would you recomend these or another route? Thanks in advance.

Humlaor
    50 Shaman and aspiring Shawl quester
    Stromm Server

Most "route" guides are geared towards 1 or 2 things: convenience (everything purchased at 1 zone) and simplicity (the fewer components, the better).

For lockpick, it is entirely about convenience. Zoning takes long. FG is 2 zones away from the nearest forge. Not to mention Echo Cavern is not a safe zone with green aggros. Molds are not stackable, so the less you have to travel to get them to the forge, the better.

One close skillup route is Scaler(41)-Dairy Spoon(74)-Fillet Knife(76). They use the same components, water, metal bits (x 1,2,or 3), and a scaler mold. All can be done in the same zone (PoK to name one).
    Dark Elf Sage. Celestial Rising . Xev

Comment

Working...
    X