Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Printer Friendly steps for Spell Research Data.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer Friendly steps for Spell Research Data.

The denmother and Verdandi have provided a fine, useful page on the site for clarifying what all these new drops are for

http://www.eqtraders.com/secrets/info/LoY_research_drops.htm

However, when copying and pasting the chart directly into excel, I had some ugly problems.

I spent 30-45 minutes tinkering with it, and found settings that seem to make things pretty. Be warned, printing it is an 8 page job.

1) Go to that page, and highlight the entire table
    2) Edit menu, Click copy
    3) Open Microsoft Excel, and make a new Document
    4) Click paste. Before you do anything else, click on the "Format" menu, and choose "Cells"
    5) Click on the "Alignment" tab, and completely uncheck "Merge Cells"
    (Doesnt it look better now? Make sure all the cells in both columns are still highlighted/selected)
    6) Manually change the width of the first colum to 16.00 , by dragging the seperator line between columns A and B.
    7) Manually change the width of the second colum to 73.43, by dragging the seperator line between columns B and C.
    8) Finally, go back to the "Format" menu, and choose "Rows", then choose "Height". Change the number to 27.75

You now have an 8 page document, with no overlaps, omissions, or ugly things. The row height COULD be less then 27.75, but then some of the rows, particulary some of the Yaeths pages that are used in 5-8 spells. I was having a devil of a time with those behemoths until I set my row width to 27.75.

Hope this helps,
    -Lilosh
    Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
    President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
    Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Thanks!

My brother is coming down tomorrow, he doesn't have a printer and I told him I'd have something ready for him to take home with him regarding the new research drops. Nice work! Thanks a bunch.
    Jianna & Lianna
    Ancient Ones of Xegony

Comment

Working...
    X