Spell: Shroud of Undeath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spell: Shroud of Undeath

Quill of the Dread Lord (Shadowknight Spell)
    Fine Runic Spell Scroll (Level 55 spell)
    Consuming Thickener (Lifetap)
    Ink of the Eagle (Illusion)
    Ink of Tunare (Hit Points)
    Ink of Pain (Damage)
    Luclin's Ink Additive (Magic based spell)

DNC

I added in bone chips (1 and 2) and nothing. Now since this is not a quested spell, and it is not vendor bought it must be researchable unless there is some other restriction like Soe wants us to waste time camping an ultra rare spell.

Also took out the Ink of Eagle and got another DNC. That should be the spell Shroud of Death that has the same availability and effect as Undeath without the skellie illusion.

Anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Everything Ive seen says the spell was not researchable in the old system, and therefore has no recipie in the new system.

According to lucy, you can only find it off of Battle Master Ska`tu

Comment

I thought, from what I read here about my attempt to make the Temperance spell, that all spells that are either vendor bought or quested were not researchable. Now there seems to be more restrictions.

This new system is really starting to bite.

Comment

Originally posted by Igorath View Post
        I thought, from what I read here about my attempt to make the Temperance spell, that all spells that are either vendor bought or quested were not researchable.
        Even if this statement were correct the reverse is not true. Not all spells that are not bought or not quested are researchable.

Its supposed to be if it was researchable under the old system, or its a LDoN, GoD, or OoW spell and its not ancient, its researchable under the new system.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaladar Bragollach View Post
          Even if this statement were correct the reverse is not true. Not all spells that are not bought or not quested are researchable.

Its supposed to be if it was researchable under the old system, or its a LDoN, GoD, or OoW spell and its not ancient, its researchable under the new system.
          This is correct.

LDoN, GoD and OoW had lists (LDoN from vendors, GoD and OoW from NPC scripts) that were used to get the list of spells to use.

Similarly the "old" spells were acquired from the list of all previous "old spell research" recipes.
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200
          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

I know there are some spells which are still drop-only from pre-PoP expansions, but I've never understood why. They seem very random to me.

Spirit of Eagle (LoN)
            Shroud of Undead (Kunark)
            Ward of Rebuke (LoN)
            Call of Fire (SoV)

and many more
            I tried combining Celestial Solvent, a Raw Rough Hide, Rough Hide Solution and a Skinning Knife. But the result was such an oxymoron, it opened a rift into another universe. I fell through into one of Nodyin's spreadsheets and was slain by a misplaced decimal.

Comment

Working...
            X