Spells that are in high demand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spells that are in high demand...

My spell research is in the 190's and is getting cost prohibitive to move up except at a snails pace. Have gathered lots of drops for spells and was thinking to make spells to sell in the bazaar and fund further skill ups...

So I was wondering if there was ever put together a list of spells that are in good demand? My former main was a ranger and experience with him, I knew that several LDoN spells were in demand (as I was looking for them myself) but an enchanter is about the only caster I have otherwise so not sure what everyone else always needs...

This can be tricky. It depends what casters are on your server and how active they are. Lots of people like to have spells ready to go for their alts. I have seen high demand spells selling for real cheap take a long time to move and low demand spells selling for real high sell like hotcakes. That being said, you can still kinda gauge the market.

I like to check allakhazam to see what spells a class has. Cross reference the spells I see as being useful in group and/or raid because those spells will be of the highest demand due to the functionality. Then, I check back here to see which ones are research only (sometimes I check here and allah and the message boards to make sure it isn't vendored). Finally, I check the bazaar for two things: 1) is the spell being sold and 2) what's the selling cost. If I can buy the components to make it and sell it for profit, then bam! I make it. If it sells for less than the components then I leave it alone unless I come across the drop on a mob or a vendor.

Succinctly:
    1. Is it research only?
    2. Is it highly useful/functional?
    3. Is the going rate worth the cost to make?

IF all 3 are yes, then it is a good spell to make. If either of the last 2 are no, then it is a good idea to ask someone of that class how much that spell is worth to that class. Sometimes a seemingly useless spell has a myriad of uses that you couldn't even dream of which makes it very valuable and vice versa; and sometimes a spell is being undersold by some spell farmer, meaning that the spell is really worth more and you should have no trouble moving it at your asking price.

A final tip: if it has an upgrade that is vendor sold, it may get passed over if your price is too high; so don't sell that Mid-Level Magician pet for 10k.
    Last edited by Voragath; 12-25-2007, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Add.

Greetings!
      I can say that I sell at the Bazaar like 30% loot and 70% from Tradeskills.
      Some people complain about my prices and won't buy, but MUST people will buy from me over and over.
      Will add one hint to the neat response from Voragath:

- Try to craft spells that will be needed/used for several levels.
      Not many people will pay much for a level 50 fire based DD if they get an improved one at level 51.

Good hunting!
      You have become better at Choosing Signatures! (298)

Comment

Working...
      X