A good side effect of Dbl-xp time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good side effect of Dbl-xp time

With the double xp for nearly a week, a lot of people took time to level up Alts I think. I've been selling about a dozen spells a day! I can hardly keep up with the demand right now. Because I had such little time to play I often had to skip my usual 30-60 minutes of xp time and go straight to doing research.

I sold another 10+ spells yesterday, and I'm sure more will be sold today, so I'll be back on Cora Creep tonight restocking. I got 3 more skill ups since last week.

I saw a similar effect with: Master's Cultural armor and augs, dropped/parchment spells and prestidigitase rings.

I suppose it was the same kind of thing you saw from the yuppie-boom of the 80s when BMW and Porsche dealers could not keep a full lot and everyone wanted more cowbell in their life.
    Squeaky Toy
    300 Smithing 7/7 - 300 Tailoring 7/7 - 300 Jewelcraft 7/7 - 300 Tinkering 7/7 - 300 Pottery 7/7 - 300 Research 7/7 - 300 Baking 7/7 - 300 Brewing 7/7 - 300 Fletching 7/7
    The Meanest Tradeskiller on Cazic Thule

Comment

The flip side of the coin is that all the high level toons came home to roost in the Nest, excuse the pun. The resulting flood of drake hides and scales has caused the prices to drop about 25% across the board, which is good news for everyone, as far as I can tell, except those actually farming the hides and scales. =)
      Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
      Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
      Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
      Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

True Kryos. Might be a case of, if you are farmer/seller, hold them back for a month till the glut has passed and then begin to sell them slowly again at the old, higher price. Also, if you have the cash reserves, buy up the lowest ones and hoard them. I am not much of a fan of reselling but when the market is flodded like that it might be prudent to buy up the cheaper goods for later profits.
        Squeaky Toy
        300 Smithing 7/7 - 300 Tailoring 7/7 - 300 Jewelcraft 7/7 - 300 Tinkering 7/7 - 300 Pottery 7/7 - 300 Research 7/7 - 300 Baking 7/7 - 300 Brewing 7/7 - 300 Fletching 7/7
        The Meanest Tradeskiller on Cazic Thule

Comment

The only problem with that idea is that you never know when demand is going to drop off significantly.

Prices for Radiant and Ebon crystals for example have been dropping for a couple months now on Drinal. They had been stable at 80-90pp per crystal for a long time but are selling for as little as 50pp each now.
          Master Artisan Taadieri
          Sanctus Arcanum - Drinal (formerly Tarew Marr)

Comment

The big difference in crystals is they are not consumables like spells and trade skill ingredients. As new expansions bring new gear and augments, people trade in their old gear to get crystals back.

Comment

Spell market did indeed go beserk during the double XP period (same happened last time too). Everyone with ench/cleric/shammie alts they use for 2-boxing levelled em up, and needed there new spells. I sold over 100 spells in the space of 3 days.

It was heavan.

Of all the tradeskill changes ever done, the research changes have to be the most successful I have ever had the pleasure of participating in. Aside from skill-up recipies producing products you could either sell, or use (parchment cleaning solutions), the market for the end product was simply HUGE. It actually shows how badly spells were managed for the GoD expansion, and how excessively hard it was for people to get their spells. I know I didnt see my GoD nuke until well into the following expansion.

Aside from that, I just love the whole design of the recipies. The recipie engine can be re-used for all future spells, and is just so well thought out, its quite the most elegant and beautiful thing to behold.
              Ysall - EMarr - lvl 70 Ench
              2400+54 Club (7 x Core Tradeskills + Research)
              Max Tradeskills AA + Max Salvage - When I combine something, it stays combined, except when it doesn't.

Comment

Yes, I have to agree there is definately a void there that needed to be filled.

Most 65 PoP spells drop from raid mobs, so if you don't raid elementals, you probably won't see one. My guild only raids PoTime now, so we don't see any PoP parchments at all.

And GoD rune spells take a lot of time and effort doing things like Tipt/Vxed named. I only had the 1 GoD spell from an Ikkinz raid, and was missing the other 2 until I made them for myself.

Besides selling 100's of spells, I've made quite a few for guildmates and their alts. Spells which many of them wouldn't get otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by GrimwoodCT
                  Might be a case of, if you are farmer/seller, hold them back for a month till the glut has passed and then begin to sell them slowly again at the old, higher price.
                  I so hope that many price gougers like that will get caught off guard when the DoN armor components do get their drop rates increased...
                  Fonceur L'encaisseur
                  Noble Blade
                  The Rathe

Comment

Working...
                  X