training points...problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training points...problem

saved up all my training points and went to pok guild master tonight 26/10/04 and attempted to train the rest of my skill in research - all I recieved was this message....
    "you are already trained to the limit of your abilities in research"

This message made me slightly confused

I am a mage
    my current skill is 25 in research
    my lvl is 41
    I had sufficient pp in my pockets
    I had over 100 training points
    I have trained several other char to 200 with no problems prior to this char

my question is ...did they finally nerf buying skill to 200?
    or are mages just that lame :P

thx for any clarification.

I am a mage
    my current skill is 25 in research
    my lvl is 41
    Spell Research FAQ:

Q: I just put one point into research, and it wont let me train anymore! Why?

A: The formula for the cap on research is 5 * (Your level - 15). At 16, you can only have 5 points in it. At 19, the skill cap is 20. This is why it is generally recommended that even though you can train research at level 16, you wait and put a point into research only at level 20, since you will automatically get a skill of 20 and can still skillup to 25 (skill cap at level 20.)
    So at level 41, skill cap = (41-15) * 5 = 26 * 5 = 130.

Only at level 55 will you be able to skill up (or train) to 200.

Also, not all trainers will allow you to train to maximum possible. Find the "primary" guild master in a mage guild (ex: in your newbie guild, the guy you have to hand your note to), and he or she will probably let you train to the max skill cap for your level.
    Last edited by Maevenniia; 10-26-2004, 11:07 AM.
    Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
    Silky Moderator Lady
    Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

Yep, I think I had to go to Qeynos to train to 200 research (as a wizard). The PoK trainers are too slack.

Comment

As a wizard, the gnome in PoK (Sorcerer Dugan?) trained me all the way to 200.

Boomlaor

Comment

Working...
        X