X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BROKEN QUEST Shawl #7: Runed Coldain Prayer Shawl

I am in the process of donig the Shawl #7: Runed Coldain Prayer Shawl

As of 3/15/2010 I can not do Prayer Shawl quest because
    Shawl #7: Runed Coldain Prayer Shawl Requires combine in a mortar and pestal.

Combine in Mortar and Pestle: Runed Sea Shell + Small Brick of Velium = Enchanted Velium Powder

This container does not allow you to combine, at least for me -a magician- it does not.
    No message shows up at all.

In Plane of Knowledge the button is grey.
    In Guild Lobby clicking it does nothing.
    In Guild Hall clicking it does nothing.
    In Qeynos clicking it does nothing.

Quest Text
    Gilthan Brittleblade says ‘So, you’ve been chosen to attempt the rune, eh? Been ages since anyone’s even made an attempt. The rune represents the very essence of our people, our culture, and our religion. Take a sea shell runed with enduring breath and a small brick of velium and grind them together in a mortar and pestle. Add water to the powder and model the rune. Fire the rune with water and the best of firing sheets. Show the product to Trademaster Kroven."

Any help appreciated. I started working on this because i wish to do the shawl 2.0 quest. I have the shawl on other toons and other server but not this one, because i never expected a 2.0 to be added.

I believe this combine was changed to process in a mixing bowl; it's been so long since I've done it though, that I'm not 100% positive.

Comment

Tested with Mixing bowl
      This does indeed work.

Combine in Mixing Bowl: Runed Sea Shell + Small Brick of Velium = Enchanted Velium Powder

Hope this info helps others too and someone can revise the info on EQ Traders, thank you very much Peaky!

Comment

Yeah- if you're not a rogue, any mortar+pestle combine is now done in a mixing bowl, and if you're not a gnome, any toolbox combine is now done in a recharging kit.
        Ironic Disposition
        Half-Elf Paladin, Saryrn (not Bertox nor Mithaniel Marr, no matter what SoE says)
        300 baking/brewing/fletching/jewelcraft/pottery/smithing/tailoring/research
        300 alchemy (alt)
        300 tinkering (alt)

Comment

Originally posted by Yank View Post
          Combine in Mortar and Pestle: Runed Sea Shell + Small Brick of Velium = Enchanted Velium Powder
          There are two different Runed Sea Shells, you can tell them apart on the clicky effect.
          I don't remember which one is the correct one, but you're probably trying with the wrong one.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mixmur View Post
            There are two different Runed Sea Shells, you can tell them apart on the clicky effect.
            I don't remember which one is the correct one, but you're probably trying with the wrong one.

Cheers.
            Thanks but you didnt read my 1st post, or the replies.
            The problem was the container not the components.
            The text in the quest posting area needs to be updated to reflect the container changes.

Comment

Working...
            X