Which Quests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Quests?

I am returning to EQ after a long hiatus. I am a little overwhelmed by all of the new recipes and quests. I am a tradeskill junky and like doing quests. Which quests are worth doing and doable solo or with a small group? I don't know if I will be joining a large guild or not so getting help doing quests will be a challenge.

Trophy Quests

Go to West Freeport, outside the gate, and get your 8 (10 for a Gnome Rogue) trophy quests.

There is an extensive tradeskill quest in SoF, but you need to be fairly high level to do it. I have just started at 78 and have no idea how hard it will be to complete.

Researchers may want to do "Parts for Belfast" in Coranthus Creep, to be able to make mechanoinstructions. Jewelers should learn to refine Nihilite in Abysmal Sea, and also get their Reinforced Jewlers Kit. Tailors and Smiths should get their Ancenstral Cultural Book to make armor and the appropriate symbol book as well.

Qusets like the Coldain Ring, Coldain Shawl, Shar Vahl progressions, and Aid Grimel are passe. The rewards are no longer useful. Only a true quest junkie does those any more.
    Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

The quest Shadrok means is given by Eron at the top of the windmill near the small pond in Dragonscale Hills.You must have 250 skill in all tradeskills to do it however.But the reward is a nifty JC item that fits in multiple slots.

Comment

My wife and I have been doing Eron's quest with our toons. It's real fun. We just finished #6 and are headed off to the Steam Factory but the tradeskills required are a bear. Even with 300s I still failed twice up to this point.

The reward is great but you WILL need a group and patience. BMK was a chore to get to the safe tunnels. Pulling from crypts in HoS was rough as well. We resorted to coth pulling in both zones.

Eron's is great for exploring SoF.

We plan to swing backward for trophies soon.

Don't forget the cultural/symbols quests. We're about halfway through the sublime impressions there.

SoF was a great expansion for us with TS quests that let us get xp.

From this thread, checkout Alla's:
        Eron's Jewelry
        Sublime Impressions (find your home city person - all the quests are there)
        Event Coordinator Baublie Diggs (trophy quests) (ex Beginner Tailor Trophy)

Comment

Thanks for the answers. 250 in all skills will take me a while. I have completed all the beginner trophy quests. I also have done the nihilite quest. I decided not to do research on my ranger because they dont get the mastery aas. I made a Gnome enchanter to do tinkering and research.

Is the Grimel Earing solo'able now? or at least a small group. I know the reward is sub standard but it's something else to shoot for.

Comment

For Aid Grimel you require the Flags. Although PoP is open based on Level, you will need to do the progression (Kill TT, Kill Grummus, etc...) to get some of the steps in the quest. There are char's able to solo those fights now. A small group should be able to complete all the flag fights.
            Skordeen Spiritsummoner - Magician of Veeshan - Research 300
            Scordeen Spiritslower - Shaman of Cazic-Thule - Alchemy 300
            Cordeen Spiritshield - Shadow Knight of Bertoxxulous Tinkering 234
            Sumamdar SpiritHealer - Cleric of Innoruuk (retired) Baking 300
            Condero Everwander - Ranger of Veeshan - Fletching 204

Comment

You might want to look at the Coldain prayer shawl quest for skill ups:-) Its not as good an item as it once was but a fun way to get skill ups.The main hassel is getting faction with the coldain.You don't need super high skill either 150's should work:-) You will start out killing lots and lots of giants and collecting there heads/toes for facton.

Comment

Glowing Green Silver Earring of Dragoste is a useful little clickie unitil your stats are maxed out. It's also a fun quest with a great story line that uses a variety of lower mid-level tradeskills along the way.

Comment

If your toon is a melee type you may want to do the Coldain ring quest instead of the shawl.This can be solo'ed up to the 8th ring pretty quickly.

Comment

Working...
                  X