Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stewwy View Post
    Quick Question about Part #7.

We're not seeing a large number of Purple and Yellow faycites. In the time that we have gotten 12+ Brownie hairs, 4+ fluids, we have only gotten two purples and no yellows.

Do the faycites only drop off Steamworks as allakazahams suggests? Fluid drop rate is about 30% off enchanced models. Brownie hair is a bit rared, but has dropped up to 3 at a time so far, however the faycite are like less than 5% drop rate. Are we just being bitten by the RNG? Is there a preferred place to farm faycites that anyone has? We've been setting up in the big big room to the far west that you can fall to DSH from, due to being able to all three types of mobs there.

Thoughts?
    So I answered my own question and thought I'd share. My wife and our friend who's been doing this quest with us, have pooped out on me lately, so I ended up doing the Steamfactory part myself. I let them both loot the quest items before me, so when I started it had to be from scratch. Farmed the Fluid and Brownie hairs from the large west room known as the "factory floor". I liked having multiple combines of everything, so I stayed there until i got 6 fluids and 24 Brownie hairs. Took about 7 hours total casual killing time with 85 monk/enchanter/magician and 3 cleric mercs. In that time I got ONE Purple (I had a second purple from killing with my wife/friend perviously) and ONE Yellow faycite off the various steamworks. Now we killed ALOT of steamworks along with brownies and steamsuits. As a matter of fact we killed many more steamworks than anything else on the Factory Floor, and in that time between three people we got 8 Purple faycite and 3 yellows.

I read on Allakazams that people got the Yellow's more often off "a steamwork trooper" (not "a steamwork shock trooper"), so I decided to move where there were some troopers. There are no "a steamwork trooper" on the factory floor. I moved to the hall SW of the foundary area and pulled steamworks from that large room south of the foundary. In less than two respawn cycles I had looted 1 purple and THREE yellow faycites. All three yellows were off "a steamwork trooper". Maybe this is just the RNG, but I don't believe in coincidence. At the very least if you've gotten the hairs and fluids, I'd move off the Factory Floor and go elsewhere for the faycites.

Completed Eron's Jewlery Part 7 on all first tries on the combines, which was gratifying.

Great quest Ngreth! Hope something similar is coming for the next expansion!

Comment

• Ok got the web thingy now how do I make the final combine? I used my last spool to make the web:-P

Figured it out.Needed to add yellow and purple faycites with the web and JC and combine in a JC kit.:-)

Will use it for the clicky effect at least:-)
      Last edited by Zaltak; 04-12-2009, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X