Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Ngreth!
    Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker the Kraftin Kitty, Master Artisan
    Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
    Celestial Navigators, Maelin Starpyre

Comment

• tried again after patch. Didn't work for me - still can't combine even after clearing the room and going very close ( see link ) I get the message to get closer ... :/

here's the link :

home.arcor.de/preincke/bilder/howcloseisclose.jpg

i tried the first room of that 4room one that close to the zone in and also tried the far NE one ( got same message there ) - room was cleared.
      Last edited by Razgadz; 06-11-2008, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• I was able to get a different message now "There is too much activity nearby and it is interferring with the static charge." When I tried combining while invis near the generators.

Or rather, 3 out of the 4. The SE room still doesn't seem to work, but the other three should work now.

I'm going to try to clear the SW room and give the combines a try.

Comment

• The SW room works. I got my combines completed. I was snug inside the generator like you were in your image, but the SE room is still bugged.

EDIT: I said SE for both oops.
          Last edited by llaffer; 06-12-2008, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• bah humbug
            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
            Grandmaster Smith 250
            Master Tailor 200
            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

• Is the answer maybe to expand the distance from the generators by a couple paces that will allow the combine? Or maybe it's a z-axis thing?
              Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker the Kraftin Kitty, Master Artisan
              Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
              Celestial Navigators, Maelin Starpyre

Comment

• it is seeming like a "falling through the world" problem :/
                Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                Grandmaster Smith 250
                Master Tailor 200
                Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

• Ah, that is a simple one: just replace all the world's polygon graphics using 3D objects with mass, problem solved.

Comment

• Finally.......

Just some feedback....

GROUP:

Paladin Level 80 1675 AA, 25K HP (tank)
                    Ranger Level 80 2K-ish AA
                    Cleric Level 80 2.8K AA
                    Druid Level 80 Unknown AA
                    Monk Level 80 1K-ish AA
                    Mage Level 80, unknown AA, but 20K-ish Mana

Using this experienced and well-geared group we were not having much success keeping ahead of respawns.

Did it mini-raid style adding:

2nd Level 80 Mage SoF geared (Crystallos)
                    Level 80 Enchanter (1K-ish AA)

With those two joining, we were just able to keep ahead of respawns, with some difficulty and no med breaks. Med breask and death recovery would have meant we would fall behind again.

If the respawn has been slowed twice, my hat is off to those who were able to do this with a single group before the timer was slowed!

All I can say is, those testers must be the "A" team with some inside info, LOL.

Anyway...

I have seen a few posts where they tried the combines in various places and did the combine with no clearing. I tried this everywhere and it would not work.

In all places but one, I got the message that the thread fell apart, get closer and there was no possible way to get any closer!

In that one other place, I actually got the message about too much activity nearby.

This was in the 4-generator room, in the bottom right circle-area.

We cleared and cleared and I tried at various stages of partial clears to do the combines. No luck.

We had to clear that entire circle (boatload of MOB's for such a small area), to include roamers, before it finally worked.

Yes, this was after the June 11 patch.

Even worse, this area is also where you do part of the Oculus quest. Another group showed up there who were clearly less capable (they died a lot) and it did cause some conflict with 2 sets of folks trying to do 2-diff quests in the same place.

This was an awesome quest series for a pretty good and incredibly versatile item. I just wish it had a Type 8 Slot (I actually had to downgrade augs, /sigh).
                    Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Tradeskill and achievement OCD Master.

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm (where no research is required)

Comment

• I can understand the frustration with the Spy + the 2 guards with it. They are always up, because so many people fail at that part, and they do not despawn. This would probably keep me from ever trying to clear either northern generator room.
                      Master Artisan Hidron
                      Veritable Quandary
                      Drinal

Comment

• Finished this up tonight. Ngreth you did an awesome job with this. Was an adventure for me from start to finish. Specially for me cause I have been playing eq for 9 years and never got into tradeskills till this.

Post 6/19 patch

Steamfactory- the Room with the 4 generators. The SE room works. Cleared all the mobs Stepped upto generator and started getting the "You resist the machine static" Did combines no problem! Only downside is the spell breaks invis so if your running through and get to close invis breaks and you get aggro.

The sw generator room, Near where Ironhoof spawns in the mining room(Will provide picture if needed) Still doesnt work. The generator has the Machine Static but with room clear and moving around it I still got the The hair sticks together for a moment, but falls apart before you put it down. Perhaps you need to be closer to the static charge.

Hope this helps some. Good luck to those still working on it
                      Expert Artisan Adriel Darkforest
                      Wood Elf Ranger on 7th Hammer
                      Tailoring-300
                      Smithing-300
                      Fletching-265
                      Brewing-283
                      Baking-280
                      Jewel Crafting-280
                      Pottery-280
                      Salvage 3

Comment

• Fletching step problems

I'm getting a little frustrated with the fletching step. I've spent too much time on this to keep guessing and getting the DT so hopefully someone can help.

I was told that I didnt need to collect the 3 different gem boxes and that I could do 2 or 1 of them. What I did on my first try was use 2 of the brownie boxes and 1 from LP. Then my second try I used 2 from LP and 1 brownie box. I got around the lore tag by doing the alter combines in between looting the boxes.

Is this a viable way of doing this? I made it to the alter placement of the 3 boxes both times but keep getting the DT.

Comment

• I used 2 dsh boxes and one LP box. died left one box on body, killed the brownie. Looted that box and went to alter, used expedient recover to summon other corpse to zone and did the combines there. Essentially you could do this 3 times with the Dsh box...leave 1 on 2 corpses have one on you and use expediant recovery at alter.

Hardest part was trying to figure out if it was foggy or sunny. I had a shadow so youd think sunny. I turned on complex sky....couldnt see the sun at all but could see the double layer of clouds so decided to go with cloudy/foggy and if i got the DT then i got it. It also helps to do the placing after you do the Noon combine, easier to see the fog around the island also.

I used this as a guideline on where to place boxes and which to open. Quote from someone on alla

Uncover Boxes
                          Box 1 (any of the 3 boxes)
                          Combine this and celestial essence at midnight game time in a fletching kit of your choice.

Box 2 (any of the 2 remaining boxes)
                          Combine this and vodka anytime after Box 1 but before noon game time in a fletching kit of your choice.

Box 3 (the last box =P)
                          Combine this and a Juice of Quellious at Noon game time in a fletching kit of your choice.

Place Boxes
                          Box 1 (any of the 3 boxes)
                          Place this box in the center of the altar. Stand on either of the long sides of the altar facing it. Have it in a top inventory slot and right-click it to "place" it on the altar.

Box 2 (any of the 2 remaining boxes)
                          Place this box on the east side of the altar if it's sunny, on the west if it is cloudy/foggy. Stand on the correct side of the altar facing it. Have it in a top inventory slot and right-click it to "place" it on the altar.

Box 3 (the last box =P)
                          Place this box on the west side of the altar if it's sunny, on the east if it is cloudy/foggy. Stand on the correct side of the altar facing it. Have it in a top inventory slot and right-click it to "place" it on the altar.

Opening the Correct Box
                          Check the in-game time. /Open the box that corresponds with the time in the table below.

Box1 Box2 Box3 (numbered in order of placement, center is 1...)
                          6am 7am 8am
                          9am 10am 11am
                          noon 1pm 2pm
                          3pm 4pm 5pm
                          6pm 7pm 8pm
                          Expert Artisan Adriel Darkforest
                          Wood Elf Ranger on 7th Hammer
                          Tailoring-300
                          Smithing-300
                          Fletching-265
                          Brewing-283
                          Baking-280
                          Jewel Crafting-280
                          Pottery-280
                          Salvage 3

Comment

• It is always cloudy and foggy in the Hills of Shade. The very zone name tells you. (As does Ngreth, if you hunt around a little in the thread. )
                            Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
                            Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
                            Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
                            Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

• Walk Thru

Step-by-step walk-thru on my site, for the entire series.

http://www.geocities.com/comixetc/eron.htm

(Best Pally Site in town, no reasearch required!)

I have completed the entire arc and so my walk thru is personally "completed and verified."
                              Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Tradeskill and achievement OCD Master.

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm (where no research is required)

Comment

• Working...
                                X