The SOF Tradeskill Quest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xcoz View Post
    I have much hate for LP orcs. Especially after camping them the 3rd time! hah

Myself and Xcoz were talking through tells trying to figure out the final step on the shadow box part. while both of us were stuck in LP for HOURS waiting on that darn box to drop (this droprate really needs to be upped to match the others). while i was waiting to do the final placing (for the third time) after completing two combinations, and waiting for daytime, the server crashed. when i logged back on, one combination was done, and the other was returned. i tried to do the failed combination, was unable. so i reluctantly destroyed the shadow box and refarmed all three boxes (another 5 hours gone) only to try and fail the first combination on all three boxes.

so ngreth (this post is just for you), i sent in a /bug report, but cannot petition since i crash when hitting P. i know i can go through the SoE website somehow, too bad they don't have a (submit petition) link anywhere, and trying to find any link to get to the petition page only frustrates me even more with EQ's lackluster CS. don't know what you can possibly do, but if someone can look into this part of the quest, and possibly tag the items a special way so that they can be identified... hint hint, yes id love to see an identify tag placed on the boxes themselves and the final combines, something like this items seems to have the essence of the brownies or something to be able to tell them apart. it is now unlikely i will personally ever be able to finish this quest since im bugged.

it was a fun quest, while it lasted.
    Last edited by Jeezu; 12-01-2007, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xcoz View Post
      I have much hate for LP orcs. Especially after camping them the 3rd time! hah
      got the LP box next to named horse Lelluran, ther's a small bloodmoon camp and the warlock named is quite frequent there, he drops box 100% of the time

Comment

• Originally posted by euridice View Post
        got the LP box next to named horse Lelluran, ther's a small bloodmoon camp and the warlock named is quite frequent there, he drops box 100% of the time
        Is that the camp with some tents and "a sleeping Bloodmoon orc" ?

I'm having little luck finding Warlock or getting this box. I know I've seen it drop a few times before I knew what it was and of course now, it won't drop.

The boxes seem to drop 100% from certain named and very rarely off similar mobs.
        21 million click club

Comment

• The finished caster version is 450/470, 25ac, other stats same, clicks Aura of Taelosia. Given the ease of getting Girdle of Efficiency, this is extremely weak. Chaotic Enlightenment would be better, or is there any chance of some version of the finished product with FoEndurance for casters and the melees that don't want AC as much?
          Last edited by Dunhere; 12-01-2007, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thestormes View Post
            Is that the camp with some tents and "a sleeping Bloodmoon orc" ?

I'm having little luck finding Warlock or getting this box. I know I've seen it drop a few times before I knew what it was and of course now, it won't drop.

The boxes seem to drop 100% from certain named and very rarely off similar mobs.
            that is the camp yes

Comment

• Does the oil drop from recyclers area also?

Comment

• Trying to get my page 2 solo, is there other crypt ghoul inside the crypt? Been camping the one in south ent for awhile and no drop.

Comment

• Soul - The oil only drops in the refinery (NE corner) and the scrap metal only drops in the junkyard (NW corner), you have to camp both places to get the drops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howell View Post
                    Trying to get my page 2 solo, is there other crypt ghoul inside the crypt? Been camping the one in south ent for awhile and no drop.
                    yes there are more inside, might be hard to solo though, but i'm a 10k hp chanter so my perspective might be biased

as a very casual player I decided to wait for more clues on the placing of the Shadow Boxes, I couldn't stand a failure given my play time and my knowledge of english limits my ability to find the solution
                    ;tell antonius.euridice if you want to share this last part.
                    and thanks million to Jeezu for helping me on combines, you definitly would be good at creating those kind of weird challenges I think

Comment

• For the 2nd part with the Soot it also requires blue gem grade faycite, does anyone know where this drops or in what mission? I would have thought I would see them while getting the soot but so far 14 soot and zero faycite.

Edit. Wouldn't you know it just as I make this post one drops off of a steamwork reaver.
                      Last edited by RymeEM; 12-02-2007, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunhere View Post
                        The finished caster version is 450/470, 25ac, other stats same, clicks Aura of Taelosia. Given the ease of getting Girdle of Efficiency, this is extremely weak. Chaotic Enlightenment would be better, or is there any chance of some version of the finished product with FoEndurance for casters and the melees that don't want AC as much?
                        Uuuugh, uuuugh and thrice uuuuugh.

Aura of Taelosia is extremely weak, even the most casual under-geared player can get Girdle of Efficiency (which has better clicky-effect) very easily now we are at level 80. I honestly, seriously doubt that anyone who has put enough work into their toon to get all tradeskills up to 250+ is not going to already have a better clicky than this.

Also, we were saying that 30 AC on the melee version was low, 25 AC is even worse!

I am a shammy and I don't have a single piece of gear with AC anywhere near that low. When I was thinking it was 30 AC I thought I could live with it because the rest would be good - however with only 25 AC I would take an even bigger AC hit than I expected and such a weak clicky effect - I am now wondering if it is worth completing this quest after all.

Ugggh, I really am trying to not make this post seem like an attack or anything - but it really is so disapointing and depressing to see that the task I have been spending so much time on over the last 2 weeks is something that gives a reward that I might never equip.

Please, Please, Please fix this item.

* Make the AC on the caster version higher, at least 30 preferably 35. If you need evidence of caster gear with higher AC from much older expansions, I current wear: Rune-etched Vampire Fang (AC-35); Hanvar's Hoop (AC-42); Ring of Distain (AC-30); Clouded Ring of Restoration (AC-35).

* Change the clicky to something someone (anyone) would use. Something like "Unliving Ward" would be the best choice because it is an uncommon clicky effect and would be useful to more people, but as the other poster suggested: Form of Endurance 4 or 5 would be acceptable.

Please, pelase fix this item.
                        Telorea
                        Proud Member of Forgotten Nemesis
                        Premier Barbarian Smith of Firiona Vie
                        Member of the 2100 (2400) Club

Comment

• dear lord that really is poor

i always knew i'd never *wear( the item, but hoped i'd get SOME use out of it.

not so

Comment

• Ty Zolina, I figured it was other side or somewhere else.

Make sure to have extra fish he does take 12 of each and only need 1 of each for the baking. Subcombines took me forever to find and forage all the stuff for.

Should consider some CoA or all of Time drops as groupable now too, I know folks one group the content now. Some of these mobs hit harder on this quest than they do on the old content raids. I mostly want the item for the clickie though and agree 40 ac would be more inline with the current content and make it a feasible item to wear.

Comment

• A few steps further for the flethicng part:

Step 6: Create 2 Shadowspike Arrow using tradeskills (Anywhere)
                              Step 7: Deliver 1 Shadowspike Arrow to Eron Nurwistle
                              Step 8: Deliver 1 Shadow Counting to Eron Nurwistle

To remove the shrouds go to the alter on the largest island in hills of shade (the one where Castell Cloudskate is). Around midnight combine a gem covered box with celestial essence to remove the first shroud. The second shroud can then be removed at any time by combining a gem covered box with vodka. The last shroud can be at removed midday by combining a gem covered box with juice of quellious.

To choose the right box take the 3 boxes to the alter, between 5am and 7pm. The first box should always be placed center (I stood south of the alter when I did it). Where the next two boxes are placed depend on the weather. If you can see the sun stand on the east side of the alter and place the second box, for the last box stand on the west side. If it is foggy/clouded the last two boxes are placed west first then east. Boxes are placed by right clicking them.

Once the boxes are placed you need to pick the right one, at 6am the correct box is number one i.e. the center box. For each hour thereafter you just jump one box ahead (box number 2 is the second placed box etc).

When done the correct box contains a shadowspike arrow tip mold, a black gem grade faycite and a book (name?) you can scribe to get the recipies.

---------------------------

Combine for shadowspike arrow tip (smithing, triv 100):
                              - celestial essence
                              - small piece of high quality steel
                              - shadowspike arrow tip mold

Combine for shadowspike arrow (fletching, triv 400):
                              - small grove nocks
                              - set of ceramic arrow vanes
                              - bundled ceramir arrow shafts
                              - vial of viscous mana
                              - shadowspike arrow tip
                              - swirling shadow essence

For the second combine I am a little stuck, I need a swirling shadow essence and I have no idea how to make that. I looked at how other essences were made and many are just a water flask + one item, but that didnt work. Any ideas?

Comment

• swirling shadow essence drop in the crypt as well from invisible mobs that attacked my group I dont know why, they look like shadows

Comment

Working...
                                X