Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Problem

I am on the 4th task (Scrap Oil).

I made the setting and the mold Eron gave me was used up in the combine.

I then went to make the Jewelry item and failed (a 250 trivial and I am 336 with trophy). The setting was LOST in the failure.

Now -- there is no way to make another setting as the mold was used up.

There is no way to try the combine again because the setting was lost.

I tried to go to Eron and hand in another Bar to see if it would trigger him giving me another mold. No luck.

This has really frustrated me. The setting should have NEVER been lost in a failed combine... or at the very least, the Mold should have never been used up in that combine.

It appears the only option I have is to dump a nearly completed difficult task and start over.

This needs fixing (/hint Ngreth)

Hopefully they will approve my /petition, all though they have not responded in going on 2 days now).
    Last edited by Bonzz; 11-30-2007, 01:23 AM. Reason: Typos
    Bonzz of Bertoxx

Level 105 Paladin

Tradeskill and achievement OCD Master.

The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth can set you free! All hail the Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm (where no research is required)

Comment

• Easy fix is to add a 8th step to the quest where you combine a very very rare item that only drops in Crystallios to make it 40ac 500hp 20 to saves. Similar to the Signet of Might quest (hope stone from elementals).

Anyway, anyone got any more information about the fletching step? I'm having a hard time to figure it out...
      Grants The Victorious
      Lord
      Master Artisan
      Yaella Lonn
      Exarch
      Zend Lonn
      Magician
      Tinkering 300 Spell Reserach 300

Comment

• Originally posted by greebmushroome View Post
        for the first task, when you complete it, he says:

Eron Nurwistle says 'This is a fine piece of work. You truly are skilled. For the next task you must be a highly skilled [potter].'

also, does anyone know where in the mechamatic guardian the twitching soots drop? or the name of the mob that drops them?
        Setup in the room where the first teleporter drops you, around the curve there are several dervish type mobs, they are the ones that drop the soot. Fast repop so should get all you need rather quickly.

Comment

• Another tip for quests inside the walking robot: once you complete one of Overvolt's quest, you can request special group missions inside the robot. In these missions, there are no repops and usually half or more of the zone remains permanently unpopulated. The spelunking and exploration and scout rescue solo tasks are much easier inside these missions.

Comment

• Originally posted by thestormes View Post
            I'd like to see it at 40 ac, more would be super, but 40 makes it at least wearable.
            I also agree with thestormes and Archus that the AC needs to be upped a tad to better support tanks. This quest seems to offer something for the casters or some of non-plate melees, but for plate-wearers it is less attractive.

I remember doing the Shawl quest on Zopharr, and he wore that for years. For this…while the HP is attractive, as a firm believer in AC>HP I doubt I’d wear it on Garshok if it dropped – much less spend the time to crank to 300 in two more tradeskills. From a tank’s perspective, compare this with the Ring of the Beast from Anguish (yes, raid, but six expansions ago). For tanks who do nothing but group this may be an upgrade, but doesn’t offer much to even relatively casual raiders. Adding more AC (to 40?), or adding charm as a slot for this would make this more viable for raiding tanks. Seeing the jump in AC from Elaborate to Elegant, it’s hard to see why adding more AC here for a level 80 item should make the designers blanch.

Another option already mentioned (Quorthon) is to turn this into an aug - a beefier version of Jonas Dagmire’s Skeletal Hand. Make it so someone can change from melee version, to caster version, to aug, and back to melee. That would mean this quest would provide an upgrade for virtually everyone: grouper, casual raider, and hard-core raider. It would also give groupers even more options on where to put the reward for this quest, evolving their item from worn to an aug and back again as their gear developed.

I like the aug idea, as there is already a precedent for a very good groupable aug with Dagmire’s Hand. Maybe add 5 AC/50 HP to Dagmire, and keep the Dodge effect? (The tradeskill requirement, I think, more justifies having this better than Dagmire’s Hand.) That would enable the current stats to be retained for those folks at SOE might resist adding more AC to thje items, but still make this quest worthwhile to do for tradeskillers who raid. I know I'd spend the AA and tradeskill up for it.

Garshok

P.S. Despite the kvetching, we *do* love you, Ngreth. Think of it as having a few thousand folks to help 'polish the rock' after all your hard - and appreciated =- work.
            Garshok
            95th Dreadlord, Povar-Quellious, 300 Ogre Grand Master Smith, 300 all skills
            (glad the climb to 300 is finally over)

Zopharr
            95th Priest of Brell, Povar-Quellious, 300 Dwarven Grand Master Smith, 300 all skills
            (holds his 15% smithing trophy in his off hand and pretends to dual-wield - and hopes the Holy Dirt of Brell he's carried for twelve years will have a use in the new expansion)

Rishathra
            95th Shaman of Inny, Povar-Quellious, 300 Troll Grand Master Smith
            (got so tired of looking for a troll smith for armor that I made one)

Marzanna
            95th Necromancer, Povar-Quellious, 300 Tinker - Tailor
            (still working on Solder, Spy)

Comment

• Herb Frog legs?

Any hints on the Herb Frog legs?

The book of fishing secrets only discusses 6 recipies for the 6 types of fish caught in quest. it does not discuss recipe for herb frog legs. I've tried mixing spice and other stuff with the giant twitching frog leg, but to no effect. Did I miss any in-game info?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratblaster View Post
                Any hints on the Herb Frog legs?

The book of fishing secrets only discusses 6 recipies for the 6 types of fish caught in quest. it does not discuss recipe for herb frog legs. I've tried mixing spice and other stuff with the giant twitching frog leg, but to no effect. Did I miss any in-game info?
                The recipe for Eron's Frog Legs is given to you on the piece of paper when you accept the quest. When you click "Scribe" on the paper, it will scribe the recipe straight to your Oven learned recipe's. ;Tell me in game if you still need help with it.

--Poohjure

• Originally posted by Poohjure View Post
                  The recipe for Eron's Frog Legs is given to you on the piece of paper when you accept the quest. When you click "Scribe" on the paper, it will scribe the recipe straight to your Oven learned recipe's. ;Tell me in game if you still need help with it.

--Poohjure
                  OK, my oversight...I did scribe it.... I recall doign the scribe then not seeing fish recipies and used the book for rest, and forgot about the scribed one.

Now if I can just forage a jungle pineapple I'll be done...about 40 forage so far and none found..perhaps broodlands doesnt have the best forage odds for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratblaster View Post
                    OK, my oversight...I did scribe it.... I recall doign the scribe then not seeing fish recipies and used the book for rest, and forgot about the scribed one.

Now if I can just forage a jungle pineapple I'll be done...about 40 forage so far and none found..perhaps broodlands doesnt have the best forage odds for them.
                    Just FYI, you'll need 2. You need one to make the juice, and one for the final combine.

Comment

• You will have better luck foragin for pineapples in TD hehe:-)

Comment

• Task 5 - Fletching

Gem Covered Box dropped for me by Ebontail in the bird area HoS, was clearing ph's for both him and The Collector since I heard TC dropped it as well.

Comment

• If your still looking for items with similar ac for melee which can be from 1 group content then do an item search on alla's for the following items.

Bloodless Rimed Iron Ring AC38 HPs295 (war only TSS group item)

Crystalwing Stud of the Fallen AC31 HPs285 (pal only TSS group item)

Magmamail CollarAC26 HPs285 (sk only TSS neck, this just gets the WTF award from the start and I dont think any SK has ever worn this item because of the low ac and its just 4 shy of 30)

Warped Emerald Ring of Insanity AC32 HPs 260 (Ragewind, PoR, done with 3 nukes from a wizard)

Combine Signet RingAC25 HPs 300 (all/all, TBS, less ac, but for every class and groupable, will continue to improve with raids).

Fractured Champion's Ring AC35 HPs 230 (random from 2.0 chests, OoW, many 2.0 events have been 1 groupable even by non-raiders)

Ring of Dimensional Imprisonment AC35 HPs180 (Quested ring, ment to be from small force, but done by several '1 groups' back in 2006.)

I don't have links to the new JC items, but from what I understand, the best melee items have stats similar to AC29 HPs 350.

Granted, several of these items I wouldn't wear today because of the low hps, but I included them to show that putting more then 30ac on rings/earrings has been done several times in the past for non-raid oriented items.

This item does appear to have many benefits like the multiple slots, however I don't believe any tank would wear this outside of the ring/earring slots. This quest isn't easy and the drops are not to be considered common. If its supposed to be for the 'non-raiders' its going to take a very dedicated group of people several weeks to get the drops needed for just one person, not to mention any time needed to get any remaining skills above 250. If your not in a raiding guild of some lvl (Soltaris to PoTime), then your not likely in a guild at all so trying to get a pick-up group to fight for several hours for harder drops in bloodmoon or Hills of Shade would be next to impossible these days.

I'm not going to go into the whole trend of putting little AC on non-raid drops, but this is just one thing that will continue to follow that trend and leave non-raiding tanks; which this item was designed for; further behind and less capable of playing at a normal xp level.

Please raise the ac on the melee version to a comparable amount as a raid dropped item. Adding 10-15 ac to the item would be very reasonable in my opinion.
                          Last edited by Nightops; 11-30-2007, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Seems like only named mobs drop the gem covered boxes, and since nameds generally summon, bring friends.

I got one off a named brownie in Dragonscale Hills.

Comment

• The Dragonscale and Hills of Shade gem covered boxed drop off trash; only the Loping Plains drop refused to show up on a trash mob for me.

Comment

• is the altar for 5th part the small island in HoS where Castell Cloudstake is ?
                                can't figure out the combine, any help appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                X