Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Gnomish Smithing DoN Cultural?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Gnomish Smithing DoN Cultural?

Having a problem, was curious to see if the eq community has noticed this or can corroborate it. I posted also on my server forum and on eqplayers, no information there yet.

Background: Gnomish smith, 190 skill, level 36. Completed journeyman smithing with no problem, wearing journeyman items.

I can get the quest for the expert level book from Vidi Cogsworthy with no problem. However, when I grabbed a cleric friend and went to The Hole, my kills of the required mob were not incrementing the quest counter, and my loots of the drop of mercury were not incrementing either.

I tried it in group, out of group, me getting the kill shot, me solo (not an easy task at level 36), and no combination of these were successful in getting the counters to increment.

No information from GMs in game, and I did /bug report this.

Any other gnomish smiths out there have this experience, or can advise what the problem may be? I know I'm killing the correct mob! For now, I'm either stuck on the progression or will have to wait till level 45 before I can request the master level (and do a lot more smithing).

Thanks for your attention!

Did the same with a friend of mine (he was a gnome wizard). What I ended up doing was letting him solo, I just Reverse DS'ing the mob. So long as he got the exp hit quest was updated. As a cleric, I could stun the mob without doing damage too, so it gave him time to cast spells etc
    Worst case senario, try deleting the task and re-asking for it.
    Mensei 88 Rogue (Gnome) Sal3, GM 300 in all base tradeskills +Tinkering & Poison Making (Melee Research 296 - getting there)
    Menssia 75 Cleric (High Elf) Sal3, GM 300 in all base tradeskills (except Research)
    (Terror Australis - 'The Rathe/Karana')

Comment

Originally posted by menssia01
      Did the same with a friend of mine (he was a gnome wizard). What I ended up doing was letting him solo, I just Reverse DS'ing the mob. So long as he got the exp hit quest was updated. As a cleric, I could stun the mob without doing damage too, so it gave him time to cast spells etc
      Worst case senario, try deleting the task and re-asking for it.
      Did both of these, neither worked. Guess I'll be waiting till master level to do any more cultural smithing.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with the quest in The Hole. I'm Human, but we have the same quest for the expert stuff. I reported it as a bug and logged off and on a couple times to see if it was any different, but no luck. Extremely frusterating. I havn't tried deleting it and getting it again though. Don't know why it didn't occur to me. Hopefully that will work cause I really want to make the stuff, dang it. I'm glad it's not just me though.

Comment

At least I know its not just me now. I was afraid my UI wasn't displaying it right or something.

The good part is that I discovered you can still make the armor from the old molds, you just cannot make the augmentations. I also discovered that the journeyman augs will fit into the Expert armor, so I now have a full set of cultural gnomish expert armor with journeyman augs.

Maybe I can hurry up and get to Master and hope its fixed by then!

Comment

I wonder if maddoc broke something.....
            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
            Grandmaster Smith 250
            Master Tailor 200
            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

what server? I was not able to duplicate this problem on Beta.
              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
              Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn
                I wonder if maddoc broke something.....
                We need to make you a t-shirt that says that for the next FF
                Retiree of EQ Traders...
                Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
                Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
                Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
                EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Verdandi
                  We need to make you a t-shirt that says that for the next FF
                  Give it a few years and it will be someone saying "I wonder if Ngreth broke something...."

Comment

Ok, it is broken.

Actually any task that requires the hole (or a few other zones where the data "set" has changed) is currently broken.

They are looking at a solution, but there is currently no ETA.
                    Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                    Master Tailor 200

Comment

Ok, doesn't affect me because I'm not working on any tasks ATM...but any way to find out what these "other zones" are so people aren't spinning their wheels trying to complete broken tasks?
                      Sir Carmaris Stoneheart
                      Dwarven Lord Crusader
                      Beezle Bug
                      High Elf Templar
                      Bertoxxulous
                      Debeo Amicitia

Comment

don;t remeber them all. nurga, droga I do remember...
                        Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                        Master Tailor 200

Comment

Splitpaw, The Hole, Nurga, Droga, Plane of Fear, and Plane of Hate.
                          Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                          Master Tailor 200

Comment

Thank you for looking into this, Ngreth

Comment

And I see it was fixed today. Guess we'll keep you around for another week
                              Sir Carmaris Stoneheart
                              Dwarven Lord Crusader
                              Beezle Bug
                              High Elf Templar
                              Bertoxxulous
                              Debeo Amicitia

Comment

Working...
                              X