Stone Snake Sheddings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Snake Sheddings

I'm down to just the stone snake shedding now to finish Epictheik's, but I'm about to conclude that these don't exist.

I've read the threads on here. I know the snakes in Stoneroot don't drop the sheddings (and I tried anyway, cleared that plateau top about 10 times, never saw any), so moved to CC, where people say these are supposed to drop.

I've cleared every silverfin icefang and venomspitter in the river, top to bottom, at least a dozen times now. Gotten piles of snake sheddings, venom sacks, snake meat, stone snake meat, stone snake scales, and serpent scales, plus the occasional emerald. But not a single stone snake shedding.

Can anyone confirm that they have looted one of these from a silverfin in CC recently? I am pretty much convinced that the quest is broken--maybe the dropped here at one point, but the loot table was modified and they don't now?

Fudapuda
    Bertox

kill the snakes in stoneroot that are on top of the big pillar.

Comment

Originally posted by Fudapuda
      I've cleared every silverfin icefang and venomspitter in the river, top to bottom, at least a dozen times now.
      There are only 2 mobs that can drop them in the river, both are fairly close to each other - they are the PHs for the 2 rares.

So, killing the entire river will not increase your chances. Just find the 2 (pay very close attention to the agro message, it's different than all the other snakes) PHs and kill them...about 100x.

You'll get your skins. Just be thankfull you don't need 5 of them anymore.

Or, you can kill the snakes on the pillar in Stoneroot, but that requires some pulling skill and maybe a friend or three depending on your class.
      Sunburnt Dmize - 80 Druid - D-Ro
      300 - Tailor +15%, Smith +12%, Fletcher +12%, Brewer +12%, JC +12%, Potter +12%, Baker +12%

Phrump Eatsogres - 32 Gnome - D-Ro
      300 - Tinker +15%
      300 - Researcher +12%
      300 - Tailor +12%

Comment

Forgot to come back and say "thanks."

Took probably 40 kills of the two PHs in Corathus, but I now own a completely useless Epictheik's book (useless because I'm not a caster, which means I can't make the darned instructions anyway )

Fudapuda

Comment

Grats on your book!
          Sunburnt Dmize - 80 Druid - D-Ro
          300 - Tailor +15%, Smith +12%, Fletcher +12%, Brewer +12%, JC +12%, Potter +12%, Baker +12%

Phrump Eatsogres - 32 Gnome - D-Ro
          300 - Tinker +15%
          300 - Researcher +12%
          300 - Tailor +12%

Comment

Working...
          X