This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a new Quest, don't you?

I really enjoyed working on the Velious shawl and helping with the Velious Rings quests. Wouldn't it be nice to get another quest like that? Some item that is tradeskilled with trivials in the high 200's and big guild raids to help complete. That is what I want and it would be nice to see people working to help other people complete something other than a Monster Mission for some experience.

Maybe something like the Xanthe's Earring quest also. Just to help tradeskillers make tons of cash.
    Flatley Riverdancer
    Font of All Wisdom Man Was Not Meant to Know
    65th level Druid
    Quellious

The AAAA would be the quest you want then. High trivials in most tradeskills, including research and tinkering, requires a raid to get the full benefit of it. There's tons of threads floating around on how to go about making one.
    70 Wraith of Saryrn
    Salvage 3
    240 spell research, Arcane Tongues 3
    205 tailoring, Tailoring Mastery 1

Comment

/agree

Thurgadin Shawl
      POTC Earing
      Aid Grimmel

Cant wait for the next one.....!
      Pootle Pennypincher
      Short in the eyes of some...
      Tall in the hearts of many!

Comment

Might be one associated with new tradeskill trophies that could be coming with next expansion. With N'greth in the dev team, and knowing how he thinks like us, I bet he's got something in mind sooner or later, even if its not linked to trophies.
        Ysall - EMarr - lvl 70 Ench
        2400+54 Club (7 x Core Tradeskills + Research)
        Max Tradeskills AA + Max Salvage - When I combine something, it stays combined, except when it doesn't.

Comment

AAAA? I think not. It is a single use item (unless you keep it for a storage box) that is way below the makers needs. The great thing about the shawls and the PoTC quest was that it offered a really nice reward for all the work. More bang for your plat. I still use both today (not much for raiding Time as a soloer).
          Flatley Riverdancer
          Font of All Wisdom Man Was Not Meant to Know
          65th level Druid
          Quellious

Comment

Holy Cow! I just nearly feignted!

A *new* trade skills quest? I'd hate to see what we'd have to go through for this one.

I did the Shawl and I remember all the running around and farming I had to do for it.

I recently finished Aid Grimel's task so that's still fresh in my mind.

I seriously hate to think what hoops we'd have to jump through for a task tougher than Aid Grimel's!

-- C.

Comment

where is the phylancry quest in all that? it was a tradeskill quest as well.

Comment

Don't forget, Signet of the Arcane and Signet of Might can also be considered tradeskill quests.

Comment

Originally posted by Dranul
                  The AAAA would be the quest you want then. High trivials in most tradeskills, including research and tinkering, requires a raid to get the full benefit of it. There's tons of threads floating around on how to go about making one.
                  You missed the point of the quests if you think AAAA is the same thing.

I agree with the OP. There needs to be a reason to Tradeskill added back to the game soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhumba
                    You missed the point of the quests if you think AAAA is the same thing.

I agree with the OP. There needs to be a reason to Tradeskill added back to the game soon.
                    Enlighten me then. You want a long, drawn out process that requires several different high end combines, usually invovling rare or hard to acquire materials, that rewards you with a "worth it" item or something. If that isn't the AAAA, which introduces you nicely to DoDH lore better than even the PoP quests did, then please, tell me what's wrong with the AAAA.

If you've taken logic, you must have missed the point of the class.
                    70 Wraith of Saryrn
                    Salvage 3

Comment

Well for starters only gnomes can make an AAAA.

Also it doesn't require a raid to get full use of... it requires a raid to get ANY use of.

Comment

I like tradeskill quest but more on a solo basis rather than requiring a big guild to help you...the whole point of me getting in TS was because I didnt have a big guild and I like doing things on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaladar Bragollach
                          Well for starters only gnomes can make an AAAA.

Also it doesn't require a raid to get full use of... it requires a raid to get ANY use of.
                          Right. And the 8th Shawl was a walk in the park when Velious first came out.

You can sell the AAAA to people that have stones, netting a decent profit. The main reason I'm ticked off because someone said I "missed the point" is because I was just trying to give a suggestion to help alleviate whatever "quest withdrawal" the OP might have had. There's absolutely no reason to get flippant with me.
                          70 Wraith of Saryrn
                          Salvage 3

Comment

Originally posted by Dranul
                            Right. And the 8th Shawl was a walk in the park when Velious first came out.

You can sell the AAAA to people that have stones, netting a decent profit. The main reason I'm ticked off because someone said I "missed the point" is because I was just trying to give a suggestion to help alleviate whatever "quest withdrawal" the OP might have had. There's absolutely no reason to get flippant with me.
                            But the 7th was easily doable in a small group or even solo for most of it.

And you didn't have to be a particular race... anyone could do it.

They're not even remotely comparable.

Comment

That's not really my main point. I was just giving a suggestion. There's no reason to insult someone just trying to give a suggestion.
                              70 Wraith of Saryrn
                              Salvage 3

Comment

Working...
                              X