X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible updates to Grand Oracle / Phylactery quest

From here:

RainbirdEQ wrote:
    Ok I went ahead and GREATLY increased the probability that the Ghoul will spawn in both of those zones. This will go out on a patch once QA has verified this.

Edit - oh, and I don't know what the mana crystals are used for but I can try and track this down later. As this portion doesn't seem to interfere with the quest, I'd rather fix other broken quests first, then go back to secondary issues. Hope you understand.
    Last edited by KyrosKrane; 09-27-2005, 06:50 PM.
    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

oh oh /dance chance of something to do with the mana crystals

Comment

I haven't been able to check around today, but did this go live with today's patch?

Comment

When I tried to follow the link kyros provided, I got a Message Does Not Exist error. Has anyone tested this out. I spent about 40hrs trying to get GoTH for my chanter and decided I wouldn't even bother trying it for my shaman, but if the time sink has been reduced, i might give it a try.
        -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
        try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

The message was moved on the EQ forums. I've updated the link in the first post.
          Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
          Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
          Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
          Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Well, I went and spent two hours in SRo killing everything that moved in the desert for two hours. GoTH did not spawn. My guess is that this fix either didn't really fix it, the fix hasn't gone live, or I had extremely bad luck.

Comment

It hasn't gone live yet, I believe, that Dev's post was dated 09-20-2005, he did say it would have to go through Q& A first...and likely this would then be patched in a regularly scheduled update (ie: the next one in October.)
              Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
              Silky Moderator Lady
              Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

Originally posted by mewkus
                Has anyone tested this out?
                You think I'd want to hunt him down AGAIN?

Comment

There was a patch this morning, but no mention of whether or not this made it in. Anyone tried since patch?

Comment

I just got the 6th book the other day after weeks of camping the CT {mean guy}, how about upping the drop rate of the thurgadin quests pieces?
                    Last edited by Maevenniia; 10-14-2005, 01:19 PM. Reason: editted semi-naughty word :p
                    Xislaben The Rising Sun - Crimson Tempest

Dead Things

Comment

i got my Anchor a couple days ago, had a free afternoon and just felt like spending it collecting terrorantula silks for an erudite friend.

the good news: i actually MET the Ghoul of TH, after hours (over a couple of years? when did this thing start?) of never seeing him (but i never made a concerted effort, just an hour here and there of zoning in, checking track, and half-heartedly killing a few things). I spent about 6 hours total that day, and got the Ghoul many times. sometimes he would respawn immediately, but there were at least 2 times that he did not spawn at all for 2 hours or so. when he finally had the anchor on him, i looted it, and he respawned right on top of me. at least that corpse was empty =p

Based on what everyone else said about him way back when i started this quest, my experience fits with everyone else's, so i don't know if this was patched or not. i just know i finally got it! =) and 3 stacks of terrorantula silks for my friend!

Falcon’s Pride @ The Nameless

Destiny of the Free @ the Oasis

Comment

Originally posted by mewkus
                        There was a patch this morning, but no mention of whether or not this made it in. Anyone tried since patch?
                        I tried hunting in South Ro last night, got 4 Ghoul of Takhish Hiz...none dropped teh anchor, but they popped pretty quickly, all within 30 minutes. I'd say the increased spawn rate probably went Live.
                        Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
                        Silky Moderator Lady
                        Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

Spent 1.5 hrs in SRo with no GoTH. Was about to give up when he finally popped. In the span of next 10 minutes saw him a total of 4 times. The fourth time was the charm (err, anchor, hehe). After I got the anchor, I thought I'd stick around and see if I could get another one for a friend of mine. After 45 minutes, GoTH was still a no show. So, for me at least he as kind of streaky. That's all the info that I plan to collect with regards to him as I don't plan to ever get involved with that SoB again.

I just better frickin' not fail my combine.

Comment

That Anchor and I have a history. For reference I live in Southern California. Back in Oct 2003 when the quest was still uncompleted, I wake up one morning, log on to EQ and get a tell immediately from my friend telling me my home city was on fire. (I live about 45 minutes away now.) I check my phone (which was on silent at the time for whatever reason) to find two voicemail messages. Both were from my mom, one stating that my house (where I grew up) had caught on fire (this was the the big socal fire in '03) right as my mom was evacuating. Luckily the second message was my mom stating that by the grace of God only the garage and patios (which were connected to the house mind you) caught on fire and not the actual home portion. Meanwhile unbeknownst to people on EQ I get a tell stating that I missed the plane of sky raid and that the haste cloak rare item from Keeper of Souls dropped and went to another guildie who had no idea what it was for. (I had been trying for it for years). Anyway, being unable to contact my family (though I knew they were safe from the message) or go back home (roads were blocked) I sat down on EQ to let my online friends know I was ok, hit track and saw ghoul was up. (I had camped in SRO the night before after trying for anchor) Went over and killed him and bam, the anchor dropped. So through all that, that anchor was probably the only thing that day that kept me going. Was the last piece I needed too.

--Tnexus

Comment

Edit - oh, and I don't know what the mana crystals are used for but I can try and track this down later. As this portion doesn't seem to interfere with the quest, I'd rather fix other broken quests first, then go back to secondary issues. Hope you understand.

Message Edited by RainbirdEQ on 09-20-2005 03:48 PM

hrrrrrm /bump

Ngreth - I know its likely Rainbird and the others are now working on the next expansion just wanted to know if the posibility of this spicific quest getting a look in anytime in the future. Specifically Rainbird suggested that he was going to take a look into the "mana crystals" returned by this quest actually had a use. Mind you he didnt promise anything and I can understand that.

I understand quests arnt your field just wondering if there was a chance a coffee room conversation and a quick look at this would be possible at all by yourself.

(I understand there are 100's of other issues other areas are interested in and everyone thinks theirs is the most important and understant any reluctance)

Comment

Working...
                              X