Issues with my 8th shawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with my 8th shawl

I've been having an issue with my 7th shawl over the past 2 days & tried desparetly to solve it on my own. When I go to combine my items for the 1st set of armor I get a cannot be combined error. I have a printed out copy of the steps involved & have verified I have all the items needed that dropped. The issue I have is that every single place I have bought a 'plate mold' from seems to be incorrect. I have gone to the following places in my attmepts. Thurgadin, PoK, Freeport, Kaladim. None of the molds can be combined. I have been attempting the bracer only at this point (after having bought the entire set of armor from PoK 1st with much failure) I have all my combines done correctly so as to recive the Velium Rings & the folded metal. My magelo does have my items in inventory for what I have made as I was attempting them again before a nasty storm dropped my internet last night. Any help & assistance that can be provided would be awesome! either here or in game. Thank you so much in advance!!

Sanura Spoiled
    my magelo #184262

I think I just bought regular plate molds. If I remember correctly, I think I did my combines at Abysmal Sea. The only thing I can think of is if you are using a "smithing hammer" instead of a "velium smithing hammer".
    Onyca Xiloscient - Rodcet Nife
    Baking: 300 Brewing: 272 Blacksmithing: 222 Fletching: 200
    Jewelry Making: 200 Pottery: 200 Tailoring: 293

GM Trophies: Baking, Brewing, Tailoring

Comment

In your magelo currently you have a "Small Plate Bracer Mold"

recipe is
      Combine in Forge: Velium Rings + 1 forge-folded sheet of velium + Soft Fur Padding + Velium Smithy Hammer + Plate Bracer Mold = Royal Velium Bracer (Smithing 178)

Have you tried using Plate Bracer Mold?
      Last edited by Aavar; 04-13-2005, 12:57 PM.
      Scout Aavar Avrochet 70th Plainswalker
      Lady Ucchan Kuonji 70th Bedazzler

Comment

Aye, the hammer is in fact a Velium Smithy hammer. As for the mold, yes I'm aware of that one being a small plate bracer. It was a last ditch attempt since the dorfs are so small. lol I have tried the regular plate bracer as well to no avail. Logged in now & am heading to AS (I keep forgetting about that durn place) to see if I can figure something out over there.

Comment

What forge(s) have you tried? While I'd think these *should* work in any forge that you can use, I'd try it on an old world forge, maybe even one in Thurgadin.
          Retiree of EQ Traders...
          Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
          Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
          Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
          EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

Got my molds in Pok. Worked fine.

Comment

I bought my molds in bazaar. They need to be the ones that aren't "small" or "large".

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=1926

According to the website, you won't find these molds in Thurg or Kaladim. So anything you bought in those cities was the wrong type.
              Last edited by Zacatac; 04-13-2005, 11:00 AM.

Comment

hmm
                Scout Aavar Avrochet 70th Plainswalker
                Lady Ucchan Kuonji 70th Bedazzler

Comment

I went to AS & got the molds & they worked perfectly! Hit combine a few times, went for a nice walk in the cold of Iceclad & voila! I am now the proud owner of a Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl!

Thank you so much for your help both here & in the channel. You guys are awesome

Sanura Spoiled
                  my magelo #184262

Comment

Working...
                  X