7th Shawl: Enchanted Velium Powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7th Shawl: Enchanted Velium Powder

Just need to clarify, what tradeskill is required to make the combine for Enchanted Velium Powder (Runed Sea Shell + Small Brick of Velium)? Pottery or Poison Making?

The guide on EQTC says it is Pottery (triv < 122), but yet the link to the EVP on EQTC says it is Poison Making (triv <= 105).

I managed to get a rogue with poison making skill to help me with the combine in a motar and pestle, and he succeeded 3 out of 3 tries. Be warned that the EVP is lore, and we lost the second EVP when he clicked on the combine button while still having another EVP on inventory. Strange how non-lore + non-lore = lore item.

-Fin

making the shell into dust is poison making but its a no fail. The rest is pottery.

* Combine in Mortar and Pestle: Runed Sea Shell + Small Brick of Velium = Enchanted Velium Powder (Pottery <122)

would be an error its in the mortar and pestle but it is NOT skill related its a no fail.

Comment

Edited the guide to reflect no fail.
      Retiree of EQ Traders...
      Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
      Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
      Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
      EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

Thanks! You guys and gals are all over it!

I even bought that rogue a geerlok as a reward for the combine too! Overkill for a no-fail combine, but he was a happy camper.

-Fin
        Last edited by Fin; 02-05-2004, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Does the Enchanted Velium Powder combine work in a mixing bowl or is one forced to find a rogue?

Comment

I just made mine this weekend, with my druid, so you don't have to have a rogue. Pretty sure I did it in the morter and pestle though.

Comment

Originally posted by Verdandi
              Edited the guide to reflect no fail.
              My druid got her 7th shawl a few weeks ago and is collecting the items for the 8th shawl.

I just want to thank Verdandi and everyone who contributed to the shawl guide. Fantastic resource!

I want to add a note that the Ailing Walrus, a new KOS epic quest mob, which was spawning at the evac-point of Siren's Grotto and making it difficult to reach the Western Wastes, is said to have been fixed according to SOE Community Representative Ashlanne.

Scapa Orkney, 64th level Wood Elf Druid of Tunare
              Master Potter, Journeyman Artisan
              Cnoc Sixovus, 56th level Halfling Cleric of Bristlebane
              Master Baker, Journeyman Brewer
              Jura Sixovus, 40th level Gnome Enchanter
              Master Jeweler, Expert Tinker (284)
              Bertoxxulous - Tholuxe Paells
              BrindleWood

Comment

Originally posted by Brodybeard
                I just want to thank Verdandi and everyone who contributed to the shawl guide. Fantastic resource!
                Congrats to your druid! And you're welcome I'm so very pleased that it continues to be of use to folks.
                Retiree of EQ Traders...
                Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
                Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
                Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
                EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

It is still a good item. I am still wearing my 8th shawl (FT3 is hard to ignore) mixed in with my elemental armor. FT is still only 16 so I'll be wearing it for some time to come.

Aalar

Comment

Last time my enchanter tried to open a mortal & pestle, he was told that he wasn't the right class (or something to that effect). I will try using the m&p and come back here to report if it works fo rme.

Comment

Originally posted by Aalar
                      FT is still only 16 so I'll be wearing it for some time to come.

Aalar
                      you need to learn about tribute, i'm a bard with FT 21 standing, 23 sitting.(when personal and guild tribute are activated)

Comment

I thought that Tribute was treated as a worn effect.
                        Quaras Shadowscythe -- Bristlebane
                        Tailor (300)
                        Brewer (300)
                        Baker (300)
                        Jewelcrafter (297)
                        Potter (251)
                        Smith (251)
                        Fletcher (235)

Comment

Originally posted by Quaras
                          I thought that Tribute was treated as a worn effect.
                          It is.

Which means that unless you have spent aa to raise it, if you have 16 ft from items, tribute will do nothing (besides allow you to possibly swap some high ft, low stat items out for high stat no ft items)
                          Forest Scion Aluaeia Bukkakestar
                          Dead Sexy Dark Elf Druid
                          Tarew Marr

Comment

Working...
                          X