Energiac Orbs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energiac Orbs

There was some discussion the other day in the serverwide EQTC chat channel regarding the level of power different types of orbs provide...someone mentioned that Translucent orbs give better stats than lower orbs. I just wanted to share based on my recent testing (and I think I tested this years ago too, but couldn't remember definitively) that I cannot detect any difference on the stats provided between Cloudy Light Orbs and Translucent Light Orbs all other things being equal. My mana did not change one iota when I changed from a Cloudy Orb to a Translucent Orb). So, I can now rest easy knowing I never swing my Scimitar (I believe the proc effect is the only thing that continues to improve as you use better orbs until you get to pure), therefore I'm fine going with the cheaper cloudy orbs for my mana bump. Maybe someday I'll get to use a pure orb, but right now - that's an expansion I never raided in.

Edit: Ha! But apparently I did attend one raid in some other expansion that's letting me use the Pure orb. Go figure, I've attended one raid since August 2008....thanks Brew Masters/Vinceremo.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Aanuvane; 09-09-2011, 02:04 PM.
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

If I am not mistaken, the Murky, Foggy and Cloudy orbs were tradeskilled alternatives to the Misty, Translucent (and whatever the lowest level one was) progression unlocked vender orbs. So, your observation would be correct and expected.
    Jinaabi Vah Shir - Bristlebane
    Smithing 300 7/7
    Tailoring 300 7/7
    Fletching 300 7/7
    Pottery 300 6/7
    Baking 300 7/7
    Brewing 300 6/7
    Jewelry 300 6/7
    Dagnora Drakkin
    Poison Making 300 7/7

Comment

Cloudy can actually be purchased too - at least some kinds - in TBS using Doubloons...fron Halon Griere. But I do craft mine
      Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
      AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Working...
      X