Black Acrylia Ornaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Acrylia Ornaments

I am having a problem. I have figured out how to make the molds but once you do, what do you do with it? Do you put any weapon in it or just those made of black acrylia? And where do you combine the weapon? Does the mold and the weapon become a combination weapon and ornament? It is probably obvious but I am stumped and don't want to mess it up. Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by Craftylady; 02-21-2010, 05:28 PM.

Once you make the mold, you combine it in a Kiln with a High Quality Firing Sheet to create the container item.

This container item then can be used on any appropriate weapon type (1 hand slash, 2 hand blunt, etc..). When you put your weapon in the container and press combine it changes the displayed graphic of the weapon from the original form and permanently makes it look like the new Black Acrylia (or Ceramic) weapon type that you converted it to.

Here is an example of the Black Acrylia Blade Ornament Mold from Allakhazam

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=86360

Gorse

Comment

Thank you for answering my questions so fast. From what you said, you put the weapon in the mold container and click combine and then it makes a new black acrylia weapon. I will give it a try.

Comment

Not quite, Iit does not make a black acrylia weapon. It changes the graphic of the weapon to that of the appropriate type with that of the Black Acrylia Weapon of that type. Kind of the way armor dyes work on armor. The only thing that changes is what other people see.

Comment

I guess what frustrates me is that it changes nothing. You put a weapon in and change the appearance but no stats. Why would anyone want one? Why call it an ornament if there are no stats included?

Thank you Gorse, for all the info. I did make one but now trying to decided what to do with it. lol
          Last edited by Craftylady; 02-24-2010, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Some people prefer certain appearances. These are simply cosmetic and serve only to please those who want a different graphic for a weapon. Whether they liked an older model or don't like a current one.
            Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
            Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

They are also handy for for converting whips, which are 1-HS into something that doesn't make the whip-crack sound all the time.

Also, ornaments are "things that lend grace or beauty". At least SOE didn't confuse the issue by calling them augments.

Gorse

Comment

At the very least SOE gave potters something to do. lol They don't always. I kept looking for stats and there aren't any. Thanks for all the help. It finally makes sense even though I don't like it.

Comment

You are looking for something to make sense that comes from SOE?? /scratches head
                  Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                  Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Originally posted by Craftylady View Post
                    Why call it an ornament if there are no stats included?
                    Its not called an ornament, its an ornament mold which are decorations and purely cosmetic, period.

Placing a ... weapon into this mold will permanently change the look of the weapon into that of the mold itself.

Seems rather clear to me what the mold does.
                    Last edited by Tobynn; 02-25-2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Yes, I understood that but still can't understand why someone would want to change the looks of a weapon ( a man thing?). It does seem to me that a little something else could have been added to really make it worthwhile (a woman thing?).

Comment

Originally posted by Craftylady View Post
                        Yes, I understood that but still can't understand why someone would want to change the looks of a weapon ( a man thing?). It does seem to me that a little something else could have been added to really make it worthwhile (a woman thing?).
                        One doubts it is particularly gender based, but it is simply because people liked a certain weapon graphic in the past and asked repeatedly for more weapons with that graphic. It is the same reason so many illusions exist in EQ, and the reason that thrice cursed card game that plagues us all is still around.

People like being able to do something unique, even if everybody else is doing it too, or if placed in gender terms, the reason women, on statistical average, own seven times the number of shoes that men do.

Comment

LOL Of course you're right!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorse View Post
                            Once you make the mold, you combine it in a Kiln with a High Quality Firing Sheet to create the container item.

This container item then can be used on any appropriate weapon type (1 hand slash, 2 hand blunt, etc..). When you put your weapon in the container and press combine it changes the displayed graphic of the weapon from the original form and permanently makes it look like the new Black Acrylia (or Ceramic) weapon type that you converted it to.

Here is an example of the Black Acrylia Blade Ornament Mold from Allakhazam

http://www.wordsiseek.com/

Gorse
                            That's a great link you have shared with us. Ornaments are very beautiful.
                            Spent childhood consulting about action figures in Ohio and also have some experience short selling human brains for farmers. At the moment I'm licensing soap scum in Washington.

Comment

Working...
                            X