• Show
Clear All

• Permafrost Crystals Map

EDIT: link pulled for copyright issues

Baroness Fyste Moira
    Monk of the 65th Circle
    Magelo Profile
    Nomads of Mystic Lore

I would suggest that you visit EQ Atlas site and read about Muse's map usage information. What he asks that you do isn't much, and it prevents a lot of potential anguish all around.
    Brother Krazick Bloodyscales 65th Trial Scaley Transcendent
    Krizick 37th Kitty Tank
    --Officer of The Renegades--
    --Innoruuk Server--

Comment

Who's Muse?

I'm assuming you're saying I'm breaking an EQMaps usage policy here?

EDIT: DOH EQAtlas... I didn't check there... checking now

I actually went through EQMaps before posting that to be sure that's not currently hosted on thier site, because I didn't want to have to worry about bandwidth on my own account. It's definetly not posted on thier site, or a modified version of any map posted on thier site. At least not listed in the Permafrost area of EQMaps, if they have a special area for quest-related maps, I'd love the link.

BTW... I didn't make the map, just got it from an old thread and reposted. If there's even a question that it MIGHT break a usage policy, I'll pull down the link.

Please let me know!

Baroness Fyste Moira
      Monk of the 65th Circle
      Magelo Profile
      Nomads of Mystic Lore

Comment

Hmm...

It actually is a modified EQAtlas map, good call. Sorry I didn't check thier first... I hate popup ads and I don't have a subscription there.

Muse is very plain about usage policy, link to his site and don't post on your own site. No problem, I'll pull the link as soon as I type this.

The Perma map he has is exactly the same as this one, minus the ground spawns. I'm not going to go through and try to give you locs, they're pretty much useless in a dungeon anyway.

Ah well... sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: If someone wants to pull this whole thread, it would probably be even less confusing

Baroness Fyste Moira
        Monk of the 65th Circle
        Magelo Profile
        Nomads of Mystic Lore

Comment

He doesn't say you CANNOT use his maps... but he asks for recognition.

Maps Usage Statement Revised Thursday, November 14th
          I've decided to change the way people are allowed to use my maps on their own pages to take into account the creativity out there with people coming up with their own travel and hunting guides and other things.

The new rules go something like this: You are allowed to use my maps on your own web pages provided you follow all of the following rules:

1. The map you use must be cropped so that only the section your guide deals with is displayed. The entire map can not be used.
          2. You must contain a link, preferably adjacent to the map but somewhere on the page, that states that the map is from EQ Atlas and links to this page (http://www.eqatlas.com).
          3. Send me the link when you're done. I'll be putting up a guide with links to all of the guides you all send in.
          4. You can only use the maps on a web page open to the public (no books/magazines and no private guild-only sites).
          That's it! Let me know if you have any questions, preferably before you make the guide (for your sake). This is subject to change at any time, especially if I see people rampantly abusing it, but I don't expect that will happen.
          This is copied directly from his top page. If you crop to the areas where the drops occur, include a link to his site, and send him the URL he will be happy.
          Krizick 37th Kitty Tank
          --Innoruuk Server--

Comment

Yeah, that map was mine originally, and I pulled it because back then Muse didn't want you using his maps at all.

It was obvious that Muse's intent was to prevent people from making money off of his work, which I obviously didn't do. But, after all the whining, etc from people who jumped down my throat for even sending out a copy via e-mail to others, I said *self-edit* it and stopped doing so. Find um yourself.
            Higar Mettlebender
            Prelate of the 70th Prayer, Tserrina's daddy and CLERIC EPIC KS'ER!!!

Brewer250tDrinker200Baker250tJeweler241t
            Potter240tFletcher240tTailor246tSmith235t+15%
            Jobago
            Warrior of the 33rd ded froggie
            Slayer of lots of little tings
            Erm...

Dats about it
            Guardians of the Keep - Drinal
            One must have chaos in one's heart, to give birth to a dancing star

Comment

I'm not sure where on his site you got your copy of the usage rules from... but the link that I followed on the front page of EQAtlas:

Maps usage Statement

Is pretty clear:

The Statement

I prefer that people provide links to the pages on my site that have the maps that they are interested in including on theirs, rather than place my maps directly on their site.
              The rest of the page goes on to explain the why's and wherefore's... but the statement that's linked from his main page says not to post his maps anywhere, just link directly to his site.

The map won't be reposted, since his main-page usage statement is very clear. The map he has doesn't have the groundspawns marked, so it's not worth linking to in this forum.

Night God, nice work on marking the spawns BTW. Thank you.

Baroness Fyste Moira
              Monk of the 65th Circle
              Magelo Profile
              Nomads of Mystic Lore

Comment

OK, when I posted last, on December 18... this quotation was on his home page (had to scroll down to see it). It was not on his Map Usage Page (which he had not updated).

Now with his latest update, dated today December 22... he removed the Nov 14 New Posting. And he still has not modified his map usage statement.

Sigh... maybe he retracted his Nov 14 decision. Or simply hasn't applied it to the proper web page.

Do what you will...
                Krizick 37th Kitty Tank
                --Innoruuk Server--

Comment

Does anyone have a non-copyright-breaking map they can send me? Only two maps on old site are gone.

Thanks

Comment

The area is not that big - you will find all the spawns pretty quickly. Just need to search a bit the first time Here is a quick "word map":

1) The first is in the little room just to right as you enter "doored" area west of flag room.
                    2) One other just to west through a medium size room under a gobby past a crumbling wall. (path to Archaelogist area from here)

Now past preacher down to wolf pens. (If he is up, kill him )

3) One just to left at bottom of ramp.
                    4) One in back corner (NW corner)

Now to east part of pens and up the mini ramp.

5) One in the place you fall to (the 5 on eqatlas wolfpen map).
                    6,7) Duck or turn into gnome/halfling and enter low ceiling area (south part of this area) Last 2 are together.

This description wont help much until you are in Perma, but it may help you get the hang of it.

Obina
                    Obina Redemptus

Comment

Add these lines to your permafrost map, they should point out the location of some of the crystals.. Its not all of them, but its a start

P -6.3697, -275.7743, 0.1171, 240, 240, 240, 2, Crystal
                      P -162.8721, -309.0038, 1.7360, 240, 240, 240, 2, Crystal
                      P -362.1678, -463.2218, -41.8382, 240, 240, 240, 2, Crystal
                      P -430.7053, -277.9462, -41.9526, 240, 240, 240, 2, Crystal
                      Keeping MMORPG friendships alive, Mmogster.com.
                      The friendster for MMORPG avatars.

Comment

maps

I have posted maps with all Permafrost Crystal spawns and and all Iron Oxide spawns _> http://mboards.eqtraders.com/upload/...threadid=10137

have fun

Mitsune Foxfire, Vazaelle
                        Me, a rogue? Oh no, I am just a tourist, walking by.

Comment

not to jump down your throat but those do not represent ALL of them. Other zones have crystals in them.

Comment

crystals

Well, I did some research and found only one more zone with Permafrost Crystal ground spawns: Timorous Deep. Never read any info where to look for the crystals theer, though.

Mitsune Foxfire, Vazaelle
                            Me, a rogue? Oh no, I am just a tourist, walking by.

Comment

Permafrost Ground Spawns Gone

Does anybody have a current map of all of the ground spawns, or the map locs for them?

Ozadar of the 75th Corpse
                              Erudite Tradeskiller of Zek
                              Member of 1750 Club

300 Baking +12%
                              300 Brewing +12%
                              274 Fletching +8%
                              291 Jewelry +8%
                              286 Pottery +8
                              290 Smithing +8%
                              275 Tailoring +8%
                              213 Research +5%
                              200 Fishing +5%

Salvage 3, Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl
                              Last edited by Ozadar; 06-26-2008, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X