Poison limited at 220

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison limited at 220

My rogue started a long time ago, so I'm not sure if there are problems with old and new poison making. I'm at 220 trivial. I can make Level 50 (VIII) Unadorned Sealed Poison Vial and can make Strike of Ssreashza and it says "you can no longer advance your skill from making this item", but when I try to make Level 55(IX) using Refined and Concentrated Grade A (trivial 262) it says "you are too inexperienced in your craft to even consider attempting this combination"

Any idea what I need to do?

Thanks in advance.
    Parax
    Parax - Fennin Ro
    Grandmaster baker - 250
    Tradeskills: Tailoring 163, Brewing 198, JC 184, Smithing 153, Fletching 193, Pottery 148

Good luck getting someone here to answer a question friend. I reccomend that you either ask someone on the forums over at the Safehouse http://www.thesafehouse.org or ask another poison maker in game on your server.
    Faint
    Master Artisian Enchanter
    Maelin (formally of Rallos Zek)(formally of Povar)
    Vietgnome - Master Tinkerer
    Siouxsie Sioux- Master Alchemist / Master Smith / Master Tailor
    Deathany - Master Tailor / Master Smith
    Jenacyde - Master Poison Maker

Comment

Originally posted by Parax View Post
      My rogue started a long time ago, so I'm not sure if there are problems with old and new poison making. I'm at 220 trivial. I can make Level 50 (VIII) Unadorned Sealed Poison Vial and can make Strike of Ssreashza and it says "you can no longer advance your skill from making this item", but when I try to make Level 55(IX) using Refined and Concentrated Grade A (trivial 262) it says "you are too inexperienced in your craft to even consider attempting this combination"

Any idea what I need to do?

Thanks in advance.
      Parax
      If you take a look at what is available on the new poison vendors, you will notice that the components for all of the rogue primary poisons (the ones that cause damage) go from the bottom all the way to the top. As an example: You can purchase all the components you need to make Bite of the Shissar I, you can purchase all the components you need to make Bite of the Shissar XV and all the components you need to make any inbetween.

This was done so rogues would not be the only class that would have to farm tradeskill components in order to maximize their DPS. But this introduces a problem. That would give all rogues a vendor only (and extremely cheap) path to 300, which is something SOE is trying to eliminate and/or prevent. So to prevent this all the rogue primary poisons above VIII (or there abouts) have a "Minimum Skill Required" that is greater than equal to the trivial for all combines with a trivial less that 300 and the minimum skill is set to 300 for those with a trivial above 300. That is why you cannot use Strike of Ssreashza IX to further your skill.

There might be an exception with the Consigned Bite of the Shissar lines of poisons, but those require Consigned poison vials, which cannot be purchased. Consigned poison vials can be obtianed either by the new poison quests or through MOb drops.

That leads us to your question of "What do I need to do?"

The INTENDED skillup path past where you are now is the Shared Poisons and the Rogue Secondary Poisons (those that add various "utility" procs). These require MOb drops after the VI level.

Now there might be another alternative open to you. If the older poison recipes have not been disabled and they have not had their trivials changed, you can make Cyclic Vertigo to 258 and then Spirit of Sloth to 275. Both of these use only vendor purchased materials (or did when my rogue was skilling up). After that, you will need to hunt mob drops.
      Last edited by gggrant; 07-09-2009, 10:46 AM.
      Huntmaster Bariag DarkWoods

Master Artisan

Comment

Thank you very much for the responses. I totally get it, having done TS from the easy to the difficult. I did notice that I was able to attempt the "cleaning" of the mob drops, which should get me some skill ups one day. I will try getting to 275 with sloth, and the last 25 will be a pain given the still low drop rates (or else people are hoarding them). Buying fresh through superior of the drops from bazzar will be somewhat expensive.

Bummer that I can't forage on my druid the way I was able to for my shammy items.

Thanks again.
        Quicklyn
        Parax - Fennin Ro
        Grandmaster baker - 250
        Tradeskills: Tailoring 163, Brewing 198, JC 184, Smithing 153, Fletching 193, Pottery 148

Comment

Accepted chalange to find reddish-brown powder.

Kegenya, looking to help on skill up's can you tell me where only rogues can go. Deep underground. where they will slit your thourt for a drink..If you can list the quickest way tp three trade skill. great. At 56. using your list and locations to drop. I noticed that the game learns what you farm. Firey drakes. (putrid Bile) lavastorm mountians . After I leaft they were down to 10 every 15 minuts. Defour I leaft there was wall to wall for three hours.will try to solve the Reddish-Brown Powder.

Comment

Originally posted by kegenya View Post
            Kegenya, looking to help on skill up's can you tell me where only rogues can go. Deep underground. where they will slit your thourt for a drink..If you can list the quickest way tp three trade skill. great. At 56. using your list and locations to drop. I noticed that the game learns what you farm. Firey drakes. (putrid Bile) lavastorm mountians . After I leaft they were down to 10 every 15 minuts. Defour I leaft there was wall to wall for three hours.will try to solve the Reddish-Brown Powder.
            Reddish-Brown Powder is crafted. There are four components, all dropped from mobs in Hollowshade Moors. Digested Salass Moss drops from owlbears, Poison Dart Felt drops from grimling spiritist or grimling mystic, Sonic Wolf Blood drops from sonic wolves, and Tortoise Saliva drops from tortoises. The drop rate on each of the components is about 10 percent. The recipe is one used to fulfill a quest. I am concluding that this would not make a very good skilling recipe.

Comment

Working...
            X