X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skilling up using DEX

This is my post from another thread

I'm a lvl 60 warrior on TP.

I went from ~36 to 242 skill over the last 3 days using max dex.

Total cost (no enchanting) was 30K.

I went from ~36 to 200 on 5K and did not bother using a CHA buff.

I went from 200 - 220 using DEX and CHA buff only and it cost me a fortune. ~15K

I went from 220-242 using DEX, STR, CHA buff and also did the very best I could on INT (~140 or so). Cost was ~5K

I noted a dramatic problem with skill ups when I hit about 200. In some cases I was having to do ~300 combines per skill up.

I plan to parse my logs and post a new thread regarding DEX and skill ups. I don't buy the posted theory any more.
    If anyone is interested to know how many combines I had to do... Here is an excel file that contains my data. (~7.5K)

http://members.rogers.com/shadowedblade/jewler.zip

I have the trophy (first failed, second was a success) and have no plans to look at any jewlery for a short while.

I hope this info helps in some way

I noticed your best INT was 140 ish, but no mention of what your DEX maxed out at... mind filling in that blank?
    Master Iannyen Sparklybitz
    Coercer of 65 Dissapointing Illusions
    Bearer of the Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl

Tradeskills were once displayed here

Comment

My dex was always maxed (255)

When using Focus 255 dex and str.

Looking back, I spent near 10K getting to 200.

So say ~
      10K to 200
      15K to 220
      5K to 242

Comment

Other info that would be helpful is:

1. Were you using the "closest to trivial" items for skillups?
        2. What was your CHA and which merchants were you using, and what was your faction with them?

The first question is to confirm that you were skilling up using the proper materials. The second is to make sure you were not using a greedy merchant. There is also a theory that using a single merchant fo ra long time will increase their selling price to you and lower their buyback rate significantly. Depending on the volumes you were working in, this could help explain the extra cost involved.

Comment

The issue for me was not the cost. But for the record.

1. I used the next trivial .... "slow and cheap" method... I did not enchant.
          2. CHA was at 135 or 140 depending on the day. I did all my combines (cept for one) in Qeynos where I am max ally. In fact I found I was getting 3pp more per sell back in Qeynos as compared to anywhere in PoK.

The issue here is not about cost.... it is about my need to do 7500 combines to skill up and the fact that I was sometimes doing 300 combines for one skill increase.

This imho suggest Dex does not work in the way that is outlined in the FAQ about stats and the effect they have on skill ups (i.e. highest of WIS, INT or DEX is used).

Comment

I believe you fell into the same type of success rates I had when going for my 250 in JC. The skill ups came to a screaching halt when I hit the 200 to 204 range. Very slow till about 214 or 215. A amazing run that ran to about 235, then screaching halt again. I was maxed in Int when i did mine.

Kat
            povar server

Comment

Yep, its pretty standard to hit a slow skillup rate post 200. I didn't keep detailed records of it, but I do know that I came out 2500pp in the black when I hit 250, so try and imagine how many combines that took assuming about .05% proffit rate after failures...

Comment

Working...
              X