Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charm Slots.......Do We Get new Recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charm Slots.......Do We Get new Recipes?

Has anyone heard any rumors about the charm slot? I hope there are some new recipes for us to use.

Katareena

There was something about a highlevel druid making one in the description, to "pass along his skills" or something like that, not sure though
    Sebilrazen
    53 Druid
    Drinal

250 Baker w/spoon
    200 on all others, save JC only 101

Comment

Tons of rumors!

As for actual facts though, the only thing that we actually know, other than the slot location, is that the charms are going to be the opposite of recomended level gear.

Rather than an item having a roof on it's stats and characters that are low level having to work thier way towards it to reach the recomended level, the items start with a floor and then allow characters to work thier way up to whatever roof may or may not exist on the item.

This theme should really thrill the anti-twink crowd since it does away with the required/recomended level stuff but still keeps an item which is powerful from falling into whatever they view as the wrong hands.

Kinda like PoP flags meet the progressive tradeskill quests like the shawl and ring wars.
      Cigarskunk!
      No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

So far,the only known charms are quest ones-the froglok shamans apparently get a questable one as part of their racial stuff.

Wonder if it's FRG only?
        -Morgrist Do'Ceannai
        Fironia Vie (Patron,House Do'Ceannai)

Hammerstein
        Stromm (Denmother's)

Comment

Originally posted by Morgrist
          So far,the only known charms are quest ones-the froglok shamans apparently get a questable one as part of their racial stuff.

Wonder if it's FRG only?
          I believe that all characters can get charms since it was an added field on the character reguardless of race. The 'how' part may prove to be interesting, however!

As for me, I am wondering when enchanters will get a 'Illusion: Froglok' spell or is that IF?
          Aeleric Awanderer
          41.36 circle chanter
          Brell Serilis
          Grand Master Jeweller (250)!, Master Fletcher (200), Master Brewer (200), Master Baker (192), Master Potter (190), Master Smith (167), Master Tailor (158), Master Researcher(130)

Comment

As for me, I am wondering when enchanters will get a 'Illusion: Froglok' spell or is that IF?
            You do know enchanters got that spell with pop? it's level 65 though
            http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=66934
            Theodain Shadowbane
            63 enchanter
            Enclave of Souls
            Tunare server

Comment

Illusion: Froglok NEW models.

The level 65 Illusion: Froglok is the old model.

Comment

Well, I did notice that we were the only tradeskill -apparently- shafted in the LoY expansion. So yeah, it would be nice if SoE decided to throw us a bone and give us charm creation in addition to our old JC matrix.

Wishful thinking? Probably. 8)
                Luclin
                250 JC (Trophy)

Comment

Jewelcraft is also the only tradeskill that you:
                  <ul>
                  <li>Can grandmaster in an hour
                  <li>Can grandmaster without leaving the room (unless you need more money)
                  <li>Can grandmaster using two item combines with all stackable components
                  <li>Have always made money with
                  </ul>

Comment

Unless I missed it, there aren't any fletching recipes either...

Wonder if there will be a charm similar to the geerloks or the tradeskill trophies? not the same, but something that gives you, say, good charisma the higher your tradeskill is (ok ok that's lame, but it's all I could think of)
                    Retired -
                    Avelyna, 69 ranger
                    Tiadari, 62 druid
                    Syrarri, 52 beastlord
                    Rodcet Nife

Comment

Probably not a bad idea. Would be nice for those of us bothering to prep for Aid Grimel. 8)
                      Luclin
                      250 JC (Trophy)

Comment

I'm hoping that the Greelocks and Trade trophies get recast as charms. They seem to be pretty close to the definitian to a charm
                        Caralon Captiosa
                        65th Enchanter
                        Claw of Nagafen

Friend to Aid Grimel and all around crafter

Comment

Originally posted by Sinuuyanea Nocturne
                          Jewelcraft is also the only tradeskill that you:
                          <ul>
                          <li>Can grandmaster in an hour
                          <li>Can grandmaster without leaving the room (unless you need more money)
                          <li>Can grandmaster using two item combines with all stackable components
                          <li>Have always made money with
                          </ul>
                          I will agree with the 1st 3 items you said. But make money with? LOL. Yuo want ot make money these days, jewlery is NOT the tradeskill to be in. 90% of the jewlery out there is so low priced its not even worth the combine.

You want ot make money.. be a Tailor or a Potter...
                          Its been over for jewlery for a long time now.. even POP jewlery prices are cut in 1/2 these days.

Jewlery comes back for about 2 weeks and dies for 2 months. THere are so many 250 jewlers out there that people get undercut in the bazaar like mad.

Maybe if charms were a JC item it would bring some life back into the skill,.

Magelo Profile

[ 252 Jewlery ] - [ 200 Brewing ] - [ 200 Fletching ] - [ ...all others 150+ ]

Comment

Working...
                          X