Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtuse combine message

Hi,

I have been away from EQ for a number of years, started playing again a couple of weeks ago, I thought I would go back to some of my tradeskills. I have been receiveing some totally unhelpful messages on a few of my combine attempts:

"This seems correct but somethimg is wrong. Perhaps you need to know something more in order to combine this"

Anyone have any idea what I need to know (the combines are not trivial - but not much above my skill levels), I have had this message in Jewelcrafting and smithing so far,

Regards,
    Rasbe.

Originally posted by Rasbe View Post

"This seems correct but somethimg is wrong. Perhaps you need to know something more in order to combine this"
    This message is recieved when you have not purchased and scribed a "book" for a critical recipe. Armor and armor template books are purchased in front of the library. Jewelery books are found on jewelery merchants on the outside corner of the brewing building.

Comment

These were added to skill lock certain combines and to smooth the process by requiring you to scribe a recipe book for a set of combines. My guess is this was a weapon symbol? You have all the correct components, but for 1 reason or another that recipe is not able to be experimented to learn.
      Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
      Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Thankyou both for your help. The Jewelry item I needed was a scroll at the merchant suggested, the weapon combine (a sword) after buying many books eventually turned out to be a scroll as well at one of the dwarfs in the smithing building.

Rasbe.

Comment

Working...
        X