Faceted Blue Diamonds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faceted Blue Diamonds

Is there now a way to make these that doesn't involve getting two other tradeskills above 200 and several PoP flags? The current way is from Aid Grimel #3, and two of them are needed in one of the SoD tinkering recipies, at least according to the vendor-bought book.

I may remove it from whatever I put it in. What did I put this in?
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

It's in one of the new tinkering books I bought off a vendor, "Notes on Lost Manuscript of the Lost Great Gnome". It describes two items. The first one isn't that hard to get the parts for, and is used in the recipe for the second item. The second item is the one that requires two faceted blue diamonds, at least according to the book.

Comment

What is it making please.
        Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
        Grandmaster Smith 250
        Master Tailor 200

Comment

I'm not certain, since it's a new recipe, and I can't make the faceted blue diamonds. According to the book, the first part, apparently called a "Fizzlesprocket's energy repository", is made with:

silver conduit web
          static orb
          metal fastening
          enchanted sheet metal
          titanium gear
          clockwork gnome spring X5

I haven't made it, since I can't make the second part, and don't want yet another item cluttering my bank.

The second part, according to the book it might be a weapon of some sort (clicky with a timer?), is made with:

Fizzlesprocket's energy repository
          faceted blue diamond X2
          temporite trio bracelet
          cut diamond gear X2
          intricate titanium gear X2
          tiny clockwork shaft X2

I realize this may be for some quest, but it seems strange to me that it would require the work to get to Aid Grimel 3 to make it. And will that quest even allow you to make 2 faceted blue diamonds at a time (will he give you the powder used to make it, if you have the diamond?)

Comment

For the existing recipe he is talking about for Faceted Blue Diamond is here:

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_...r=035000000000

Faceted Blue Diamond
            Jewelcraft Components: Etching Dust, Etching Tools, Mounted Blue Diamond
            In: Planar Jeweler's Kit, Collapsible Jeweler's Kit

The issue is that the Etching Dust is received by completing part 2 of the Aid Grimel quest and then saying, 'I would like to put my jewel craft skills to the test.' and then you recieve "Etching Dust".

Note: You have to complete part 1 (Smithing) to be flagged to do part 2 and do part 2 (Brewing) to be flagged to do part 3 (Jewelry Crafting).

I have not been able to check enough yet to find if there is a new way to make Faceted Blue Diamond.

Gorse

Comment

I will probably just back it up a step

Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200

Comment

Ran into the same problem today. Didn't realize they were No Trade until I went to hand them off to my tinker. Had done Aid Grimel in the past, so the dust wasn't a problem.
                Master Artisan Hidron
                Veritable Quandary
                Drinal

Comment

Sorry, I didn't realize you were asking about the recipe for the faceted blue diamonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ngreth Thergn View Post
                  I will probably just back it up a step

That will keep the costs the same (assuming the player already has a set of etching tools) and seems reasonable as long as the skill differences in the subcombine is not an issue.

Gorse

Comment

Originally posted by Gorse View Post
                    That will keep the costs the same (assuming the player already has a set of etching tools) and seems reasonable as long as the skill differences in the subcombine is not an issue.

Gorse
                    Nah. It was me not looking at everything.

Saw Faceted blue diamond as an item, and though that would be great to fit in a trio bracelet. since all other parts are faceted, and did not research how much of a pain it was to get it (I actually thought it was one of my cash loot items)
                    Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                    Master Tailor 200

Comment

replacements

Here are 2 ideas for replacements:

1) Deepwater Blue Diamond. It's vendor trash with no other use.
                      2) Faceted Diamond. Currently used in 8th Coldain Shawl. Rquires Etching Tools from meg which can be aquired even if KoS to coldain, and killing Shimmering Geonids in Wakening lands. The combine is JC trivial in the 180s.
                      Master Artisan Kahmon
                      100 Iksar ShadowKnight on Veeshan(Luclin)
                      First ShadowKnight in the 1750 Club - 9:40pm PST 9/18/03
                      First ShadowKnight in the 2100 Club - 10:50pm PST 2/15/06
                      Probably First Shadow Knight to Club 49 - 8:55pm PST 8/25/07
                      Kahzbot - 97 Gnome Enchanter - Tinkering (300), Research(300)
                      Kroger - 98 Rogue - Poison Making (300), Research (needs work)
                      Shazbon - 96 Shaman - Alchemy (300)

Comment

I made this mounted blue diamonds.

It will require a full patch for the changes to go in.
                        Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                        Master Tailor 200

Comment

Is this recipe fixed yet Ngreth? If not, then when is the next full patch?
                          Last edited by Amoiraen; 11-18-2008, 03:39 AM.

Comment

I made this mounted blue diamonds.

It will require a full patch for the changes to go in.

Full patch is when full patch is. (I.E. I have not been informed)
                            Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                            Master Tailor 200

Comment

• Working...
                              X