Back after a long break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back after a long break

I've been away from game for a couple of years and just recently came back. So am I understanding that jewelcrafting has changed significantly? I have alot of gems in my various characters and was looking to to start making some things again and was reviewing recipes on here and low and behold I see alot of things I don't even recognize.

So basically we can now only make settings and cut gems but no finished products? Im confused.

That's basically right.

You create settings and cut gems, and throw them in the birdbath to make the finished pieces.
    Thomen Feadannareil (85 HUM ENC)
    Expert Artisan And Grandmaster Scrounger of Firiona Vie
    Alchemy* 242, Baking 336, Blacksmithing 345, Brewing 336, Fletching 291, Jewelcraft 345, Pottery 345, Research 291, Tailoring 345, Tinkering 243**
    * Available upon request from an anonymous shaman.
    ** Subcontracted through Maolgann of Ak'Anon (83 GNM MAG)

Comment

Originally posted by Spirish View Post
      So basically we can now only make settings and cut gems but no finished products? Im confused.
      For skill-ups only, you can still do the old metal and gem combinations. But they are done with unenchanted metals.

Comment

I've looked high and low in the guides for information on how the new system works. (cutting tools, what goes with what..etc.) and I can't seem to find any guide with the new information.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Comment

For gems, Kyros' Gem-cuttin' Spreadsheet is probably one of the more useful conglomerations. Those recipes create augs which get soaked into settings.

For settings, it's combine the solo, duo, or trio setting tool, an enchanter bar of metal (silver, electrum, gold, platinum, dwerium), and an NPC-purchased mold.

The important thing to remember is that the "tool" is actually a keyring of tools. Put it by itself into the jewelry kit, hit Combine, and it'll rotate around a list of various tools.
          Alchemy* 242, Baking 336, Blacksmithing 345, Brewing 336, Fletching 291, Jewelcraft 345, Pottery 345, Research 291, Tailoring 345, Tinkering 243**

Comment

The same tool is used to cut the gems also? Where can I get the cutting tools? Is it made or can it be purchased? Also I was looking at recipes and I seen and item "duplicate recipe holder", can someone shed some light on what this is exactly?

TIA

Comment

The shape tool and the setting tool are the same item. They cycle through.

Solo Setting Tool-> Duo Setting Tool-> Trio Setting Tool-> Square Cut Tool-> Round Cut Tool-> Oval Cut Tool-> Half-Moon Cut Tool-> Trillion Cut Tool-> Pear Cut Tool-> Marquise Cut Tool-> Solo Setting Tool, etc.

These are no-fail combines too so the item just cycles around to get the one you need.
              Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
              Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Ignore the duplicate recipe holders.

They're vestiges of recipes that no longer exist in game.

Comment

The tool can be bought from NPC jewelcraft vendors.

Comment

Working...
                  X