Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palladium Jasper Earring broken?

Hi,

I was going to make some newbie wisdom gear and wanted to make some Palladium Jasper Earrings and Palladium Ruby Engagement Ring but I'm getting you can't combine these items in this container type.

Palladium Ruby Engagement Ring = Combine in Reinforced Jeweler's Kit
    * Prismatic Palladium Bar (1)
    * Ruby (1)

Palladium Jasper Earring = Combine in Reinforced Jeweler's Kit
    * Jasper (1)
    * Prismatic Palladium Bar (1)

Sounds to me like you're using recipes from before the revamp of JC.

Since you're talking about a newbie, you woudn't want to use palladium because the base metals are coded to be good for a certain level range (palladium is uber in the 50's).

For the new revamped JC you'd need to have an enchanter enchant the metal before it'll be of any use other than selling in bazaar (palladium is very rare and commands the highest price of any base metal).

Also, you need to cut the gem you want to use and it't won't be Jasper for a tradeskill suit, since Jasper is good for AGI. Kyroskrane made some awesome stuff like this spreadsheet for an overview and a calculator to see what jewelry combines become once put together.

Basically with the new JC you make a setting from a base metal. The setting is in item with no inherent stats but has 1 to 3 aug slots. The metal determines what percentage of the max stats of an aug you will get.

Then you cut gems. The gems become augs through the cutting.

Hand the setting and the aug to the intended wearer and use the birdbath to seal in the augs, using the slot 11 aug first.

Comment

Quick link to the calculator:
      http://www.kyros.info/Tradeskills/JC-Calc/

Or, copy and paste this into your browser's address bar if you can't see the link:
      kyros.info/Tradeskills/JC-Calc/
      Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
      Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
      Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
      Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Working...
      X