Tribute value for gems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute value for gems

With the change to jewelcrafting a hugh number of new gems were added. Most of these seem more for skillup vs any real use.

The problem is they have "no value". Merchants will not buy them. They are so common they have no bazaar value. Even when cut they can't be sold. (I am not talking about taaffeite or prestidigitase, just the lesser gems.)

Is there any reason gems should not have a tribute value?

I have stacks of all the lesser gems and I hate the very idea of just having to destory them. Adding tribute value to them, even if they have to be cut first, seems like a better choice.

Merchant value would also be nice, but that just adds plat to an already over-priced world.

Actually, and while I do like the idea of tribute values.. I would like to see a bunch of them get merchant buy prices at just a little under the merchant sell prices for the uncut versions.

This is common for many tradeskill items, having a merchant buy value of just under the combined sell values of all the items used to create them. It helps offset the cost of skillups considerably.

Would this be possible to do?

Comment

the problem is bloating the cash level of the drops of the NPC's that drop them. even after combine (the combine is essentially free)

Tribute is the same thing. 1pp value = 1 tribute.
      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
      Grandmaster Smith 250
      Master Tailor 200
      Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

gems that are valueless is however nonsensical. It breaks the immersiveness of EQ that they have no value as in the real world gems do have a value.

Comment

This is one of the places where balance was deemed more important than realism or immersion.
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200
          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Immersion? It's all justified. If there's a bazillion of something, it has no value. Supply and demand. That has nothing to do with immersion. Don't try to get them to change stuff with your cries of "immersion"...while you sit in your computer chair with the iPod speakers and your tasty drink in your hand.

Comment

Working...
            X