Raw nihilite combine returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw nihilite combine returns

After doing the Abysmal Sea quests to render my own nihilite from the raw nihilite I decided to see how many combine it took to start getting two and three consistently. To start getting two every time took about 85 combines (could be up to 100 since I didn't think of counting until after I started and had to parse my log.) To go from two to three gems back every time took exactly 300 combines.

I don't know if this is already posted somewhere, but I couldn't find it so I thought I'd share the info. I would guess that these same numbers apply to the material for all the other tradeskills as well. I know most people probably don't use most of these materials anyway but I'm sure some do.

This applies to Raw Amber Nihilite, Raw Crimson Nihilite, Raw Indigo Nihilite, and Raw Shimmering Nihilite.

Faedori Forgiven (Journeyman Artisan and tradeskill junkie)
    Feral Fury
    Tunare
    Faedori Forgiven
    Feral Fury
    Tunare

I think I put this post in the wrong area, should probably be in jewelcraft or general tradeskilling.
    Faedori Forgiven
    Feral Fury
    Tunare

Comment

Yup, this is more a JC discussion topic than something for the database. Moving it over.
      Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
      Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
      Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
      Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

There is apparently some variation in the refines between the different tradeskills. But in all cases somewhere between 80 and 100 combines you hit the 2 every time point. It takes another 60 combines after that to start getting 2+1. And you are correct that it is exactly 300 combines after you hit the 2 every time point that you hit the 3 every time point. We used to say it took 2 backpacks worth of raw material..but with the increased stack size on nihilites its not even half a backpack .

Comment

Working...
        X