Sunshard Ore and the Cost to convert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunshard Ore and the Cost to convert

Is anyone else still making the Sunshard ore into the Silver Conduits? I understand that the original intent was to give a global drop as well as other items, but I feel that the price of the silver (bars?) used to convert the Sunshard ore is a bit extreme.
    Mondrivun
    Enchanter of 7th Cavalry
    Bristlebane

Being level 80 with a gazillion AAs, Group Leadership Abilities, and Raid Leadership abilities is not THE ultimate part of the game. It may be YOUR ultimate part of the game, but it is not MY ultimate part.

I think that sunshard was a test that they set up for whether global drop rates could work and be balanced before implamenting the cultural revamp. I am using the silver conduits on my tinkerer to skill up as he is only level 18 so symbols are out of the question and there are not as many tinkering recipes I can easily get parts for. The items sell back for a good amount too so I do not have the numbers to show the bottom line cost but it may not be as big as you think, it may just require more capital to initally purchase the parts.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Buying a couple bags of Silver Ingots for a sizable run of combines is quite the monumental expense. However, you do indeed get quite a nice return when selling the sub- or final-item combines back to merchants.

For me, the biggest pain in the donkey was being massively encumbered with coin just to buy the Ingots. Fortunately, I was able to just bind myself next to the merchant and gate back as needed to fill a couple more bags with Ingots. A non-porting class simply can't buy a load at once without help from someone else.

Being so encumbered with coin that I cannot move was a rather unexpected predicament, especially considering the merchant is located in the middle of nowhere (and roams too ffs!).

Reminded me of pursuing Hasten Bootstrutter in the wayback. Crawling through Rathe Mountains inch by inch encumbered with 3250 gold when my weight allowance was probably 79. Fun stuff ~

Comment

Working...
      X