Recommended levels for jewels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended levels for jewels?

I suspect that we'll be seeing a lot of requests after folks log in for the changes to the slot 11 gems. So here it is:

What are the recommended levels for the gems and what does the decay look like (e.g. do you get 45/75 if you're a level 45 toon with taaf, or is it more severe than that)?

re

seems more severe, but somethign is broken.

I wonder if it is using the level you were when you inserted the gem to base the stats on?

Comment

Originally posted by foarge View Post
      seems more severe, but somethign is broken.

I wonder if it is using the level you were when you inserted the gem to base the stats on?
      You do not know something is broken. It could be intended to be a very severe drop in stats but it is something that I hope Ngreth looks at.

It does not make any sense why it would look at the level when you crafted it. Take the item off, put it in the bank, gain a level, put it back on and it adjusts to your current level. That is how recommended levels work.
      Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
      Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

ok, its way bad

atm, lv 55 paladin

Dwerium Trio Ring w/ round cut opal, round cut peridot, Trillion cut taaffeite
        Stats: 8ac, 92hp, 18mana,18end,
        Stam+1,int+1,Agi+1,Dex+1, all resists +1
        (shouldnt this at least have 10ac, 100hp minimum cause the peridot / opal are rec 40)

Dwerium Trio Bracelet w/ round cut opal, round cut peridot, marquise cut crimson nihilite
        Stats: 11ac, 179hp

Dwerium Trio Earring w/ round cut opal, round cut peridot, Trillion cut shimmering nihilite
        Stats: 11ac, 148hp, 63mana,63end
        -------------------------------------------------------
        on my lv 65 shaman
        Dwerium Trio Rings w/ Round Cut emerald, Round cut Opal, Half-moon cut Taaffeite
        Sats: 6ac 171hp/mana/end, str+7,wis+7,agi+7,dex+7, all resists +7

(these stats are all equiped stats)
        Last edited by wayshaper; 01-16-2008, 04:34 PM. Reason: edited to show shammy ring stats

Comment

61 SK looking at the "final" stats on my nihilite stuff - all rec level 65 now:

Shimmering Nihilite (was 250) now 170 hp/mana/end
          Crimson Nihilite (was 375hp) now 270 hp

Other gems I have equipped have no rec level (opal/emerald/peridot/fire emerald)

EDIT - actually the opal has rec 40 and fire emerald is rec 50
          Last edited by Eirgorn; 01-16-2008, 05:30 PM.
          Fateseer Eirgorn Stark - 80 Shaman
          The Claw of Nagafen - Bristlebane
          Alchemy - 300, Jewelrycraft - 300, Brewing - 250, All others - 200

Comment

if we went by the traditional scale method, things would still be over powered according to sony by lv 20

here is example:

crimson nihilite, 10ac 375hp if on a dwerium item

its now changed to recomended 65

so, mathamaticaly
            lv 1 should = 5hp
            lv 10 should = 58hp
            lv 25 should = 144hp (now we getting over powered according to sony)
            lv 50 should = 288 hp

(things got outa hand with this new jewelry stuff, seein lv 1 toons with 6k+ hp was crazy, heck, my lv 55 paly was upwards of 8khp / 1.5kac )

they already have in place a system, with the metal / mounts, the metal already lowers the stats,

pop in a
            required 50 / recomended 60 for palladium
            required 50 / recomended 75 for dwerium

Comment

Less than 100 HP on a dwerium mount w/opal implies negative HP on the taaf for level 55. This appears to be actually an implementation error.

Comment

has anyone taken a look at the different gems placed in the different levels of metal in comparison to recomended level / stats and placed them on lower level toons?

im curious as to how the stats would be for say velium trio with opal/peridot/nihilite on a lower toon as well as palladium trio and gold trio
                (i dont have a chanter that can enchant metal else i would attempt myself)

Comment

How do recommended levels make Everquest healthier?

Why is it important for new players and characters below 75 to not have good stats?

Is it because the game was difficult in 1999 and it's "not fair" if players have it easier now?

I leveled a Berserker from 1 to 61 and 25 AAs before yesterdays changes. I spent time in more than 25 zones and I never, I repeat, never met anyone else levelling in those zones until I walked into Nobles Causeway.

Basically, there was nobody from level 1 to 61 that I was overpowering or stealing mobs and camps from because I had 6k HP and 200 in all saves.

I should point out I am not angry. I knew the changes would come so I just took full advantage of the situation.

I just don't get the reasoning behind it.

What do recommend levels do for the health of the game?
                  Sister Amparo - Martial Artist

Comment

Because there is no reason for the game to be trivialized when you are at the level intend for a zone.

Comment

Originally posted by wayshaper View Post
                      ok, its way bad

atm, lv 55 paladin

Dwerium Trio Ring w/ round cut opal, round cut peridot, Trillion cut taaffeite
                      Stats: 8ac, 92hp, 18mana,18end,
                      Stam+1,int+1,Agi+1,Dex+1, all resists +1
                      (shouldnt this at least have 10ac, 100hp minimum cause the peridot / opal are rec 40)

Dwerium Trio Bracelet w/ round cut opal, round cut peridot, marquise cut crimson nihilite
                      Stats: 11ac, 179hp

Dwerium Trio Earring w/ round cut opal, round cut peridot, Trillion cut shimmering nihilite
                      Stats: 11ac, 148hp, 63mana,63end
                      -------------------------------------------------------
                      on my lv 65 shaman
                      Dwerium Trio Rings w/ Round Cut emerald, Round cut Opal, Half-moon cut Taaffeite
                      Sats: 6ac 171hp/mana/end, str+7,wis+7,agi+7,dex+7, all resists +7

(these stats are all equiped stats)
                      That is a very good question. Why does the gear not have 100hp 10ac minimum since the opal and peridot are rec 40. At 52 my gear with opal,emerald,taff is reading 87hp/mana/end with a whopping 1ac, while the gear with opal, emerald, harmon is reading 89hp/mana/end. They should be reading about 187 or 189 hp and 10ac. The gear is not reading the opal and emeralds it seems. Also not reading the 100 mana augs, as per the rec lvl on them.
                      Last edited by Tattedsoul_Zek; 01-21-2008, 05:12 AM.

Comment

When you put multiple augments into the same item. There is usually between the item, and 2-3 augments, going to be at least 1 recommended or required level. If a recommended level is 78 for an augment and you put it in an armor piece that is recommended 75, and you are level 75, you will NOT get full stats from the armor.

Recommended and required levels apply to the piece as a WHOLE.
                        Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                        Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Working...
                        X