duo rings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duo rings

why are they all no trade items?? What is the purpose of making jewelry if you can't give it to someone or sell it?

Remove the gems.

The gems are the no trade item.
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra View Post
      why are they all no trade items?? What is the purpose of making jewelry if you can't give it to someone or sell it?
      Do not put the augment gems into the ring. Give the empty ring and the augment gems to the person receiving the items. The gems become no drop once they have been inserted (via augmentation pool), but there is no specific message.

Why is it that way? Because that is how it is designed. It may be a hard code issue, as nothing with an augment in it can be traded. It may have been a developer decision. For now, that's the way the system works.

Gorse

Comment

It's a code bug / limitation. Making the gems attunable was necessary to prevent crashes.

Originally, you could assemble the setting and the gem, then sell them. But, it would crash the client if you sold one to an NPC.

Instead of fixing the bug with the NPCs, they just made the augs attunable. (Personally, I think it would be kind of nifty if you could sell an augged ring to a vendor and have them disassemble the pieces to sell, but that's a lot of work for the over-loaded code team.)
        I tried combining Celestial Solvent, a Raw Rough Hide, Rough Hide Solution and a Skinning Knife. But the result was such an oxymoron, it opened a rift into another universe. I fell through into one of Nodyin's spreadsheets and was slain by a misplaced decimal.

Comment

As for why we did "attunable" first...

it was because it was faster, and since it was causing crashes (and lost items) we had to do a fast fix first.

I still hope to get the code bug looked at.
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200
          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Working...
          X