Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request

Ngreth

Please consider changing the Amber, Star Ruby, Topaz, etc (sight based effects) to type 10/11 instead of only type 11. It is a nice effect, but is it truly on par with something you can make with the other type 11 gems?

Perhaps I am alone here or being selfish, but it seems to take so much away from building a decent well rounded item with the current options out there considering some of these gems are not store bought.

Any thoughts on this?

While I agree that it would make these much more of an option to be able to use in a slot 10, I am pretty sure all 3 of those gems you listed are vendor sold. I am not very familiar yet with all the new stats on the jewelry so there may be another gem that is not vendor sold you are refering to.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

I think that is just a small reason why (store bought) they (vision granting gems) should be 10/11.
      Last edited by Zeriux; 01-06-2008, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I think these should change to slot 10 as well. While nice, who would ever use them over a +hp/mana aug EVER?
        Ceric
        76 Mage of Mithaniel Marr
        300 Jewelcraft

Comment

It is something we are still considering, but not something we have decided on yet.
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200
          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

I conducted an informal poll of players who i made jewelry for.

Not one of them was willing to use the 11 slot for any kind of infravision, faerune or other effect gem. But every one of them said that if it fit in the other slot (slot 10) they would give up 100 hp/ 100 mana/ 10 ac... etc... to use it."

I agree, and feel the same way.

Comment

Thanks Ngreth

I really feel this is going to be the consensus for the majority of players. By the time you may be in the position to make the irrational decision to insert a sight aug like this, this jewelry will zero attraction to that player. It would make the jewelry options a little more robust and, in my opinion, not over power anything.

I look forward to your making a decision on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Yank View Post
                I conducted an informal poll of players who i made jewelry for.

Not one of them was willing to use the 11 slot for any kind of infravision, faerune or other effect gem. But every one of them said that if it fit in the other slot (slot 10) they would give up 100 hp/ 100 mana/ 10 ac... etc... to use it."

I agree, and feel the same way.

Whenever I make a set of jewelry for someone, I ask if they need a vision/EB item. I then make them a palladium AC/HP/Faerune or HP/mana/Faerune item to go with their set. That way they always have the option to change one out.

I know most / all of my customers will be moving theirs if the go type 10/11.

If it is open for discussion, what about making them type 3/10/11? =)

Gorse

Comment

Originally posted by Gorse View Post

If it is open for discussion, what about making them type 3/10/11? =)

Gorse
                  Sorry, that is not up for discussion. Nope!
                  Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                  Grandmaster Smith 250
                  Master Tailor 200
                  Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

On My Monk He has a complete set of trio jewelery, in those jewelery he has these for slot 11 Gems:
                    4 Harmonagates (200 HP/Mana/End)
                    1 Fire emerald (Damage Shield)
                    2 Sapphires (HP Regen)
                    1 Star Ruby (Fearune)

I liked the Faerune because he is a Human and his vision sucks. I really wasn't worried about if he had enough HP because all of them had Emeralds and Opals in the slot 10s But the HP Regen and the DS are a great help to him being able to kick some serious Butt. And now I don't worry about EB See Invis and Ultravision.
                    Meltheanlor
                    Master Artisan
                    Raid Leader and Officer of Morituri te Salutamus
                    Stromm Server
                    Master Baker (300) Trophy 7/7
                    Master Potter (300) Trophy 6/7
                    Master Jewelcrafter (300) Trophy 7/7
                    Master Tailor (300) Trophy 6/7
                    Master Brewer (300) Trophy 6/7
                    Master Smith (300) Trophy 6/7
                    Master Fletcher (300) Trophy 7/7

Gilshalos