Trouble with Round Cut Harmonagate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Round Cut Harmonagate?

My wife and I both have Master Jewelers hers is a lvl 54 enchanter with 255 int and she has the lvl 7 trophy.

mine is a lvl 73 paladin with 330 all stats and a 92% evolved lvl 6 trophy.

We have noticed on both of our characters that when we cut Round cut harmonagate mostly but round cut taafeite as well that it tends to fail way more frequently than any other cut of either gem.

we have seen many times in the course of cutting approx 500 harmonagates and 150 taafeites between us that often we will get 1 in 5 or even 1 in 7 sucessful combines.

According to the EQTC calc 300 skill +15% mod 428triv and 255 base stat sucess rate is 75.5% we are not getting anywhere near that.

Yet when we cut any other cut of Harmonagate or Taafeite we do see about a 75% rate.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that round cut seems harder to cut than any other cut and I don't think the difference from 423 triv(pear cut, our next most common cut) to 428 triv is what is causing the difference.
    Thank You

Qetuo LightBringer (Knights of Consuming Fury)
    Nameless Server

300 Baking +6 Trophy
    300 Smithing +6 Trophy
    300 Brewing +6 Trophy
    300 Pottery +6 Trophy
    300 Jewelry +7 Trophy
    300 Fletching +6 Trophy
    300 Tailoring +6 Trophy
    300 Alchemy +7 Trophy
    296 Tinkering +6 Trophy
    174 Research + Trophy
    140 Poisonmaker + Trophy

Future Member of the 3300 club the and hopefully the 2100 +49 Club

Small note: There is no reason to ever make a Round cut Taaffeite. It has the same stats as the Pear Cut Taaffeite, but a lower success rate due to the higher trivial.

Comment

I'd like to know how one obtains 500 harmonagates and 150 taafeites. That's 50 times as many as I've collected in all my EQ playing.

Comment

There are only a handful of people bothering with regular jewelcrafting combines. My guild pretty much throws everything tradeskill tagged into the guildbank, so it wouldnt be hard for a jeweler to clean up if it were worth the effort.
        Roanne LeFaye
        Warrior Barbarian of the Tribunal
        Outsider Domination
        The Seventh Hammer
        2100 Club + 300 melee Research

Comment

Originally posted by tkdman02 View Post
          We have noticed on both of our characters that when we cut Round cut harmonagate mostly but round cut taafeite as well that it tends to fail way more frequently than any other cut of either gem.

we have seen many times in the course of cutting approx 500 harmonagates and 150 taafeites between us that often we will get 1 in 5 or even 1 in 7 sucessful combines.
          I as well noticed a markedly increased failure rate on Round Cut Taaffs. (The customer wanted that cut specifically, so thats what they got ). On most cuts I rarely fail, and almost never twice in a row, but had to make a total of 25 attempts to get 16 round cut Taaffs. Thankfully, salvage kicked in a few times, so it wasn't a total wreck! Since that time I have avoided round cut Taaff's like the plague.
          Calistria 67 pocket enchanter/tradeskill slave on Tunare

JC 300 + 15% Intricate Jewelers Glass
          Research 300 + 15% Etherial Quill
          Brewing 252
          Pottery 200
          etc, etc ...

Comment

Setting up a buyer to buy harmonagate and taaffeites and paying more than anyone else on server makes me get lots of em, and my wife and I use the small profit margin to pay for our other tradeskills and evolving our trophies

I get specific requests for round as well, even if I tell em same stats they still want the dang round ones lol, and I noticed for some odd reason round sells faster when I have both pear and round up for the same selling price.
            Thank You

Qetuo LightBringer (Knights of Consuming Fury)
            Nameless Server

300 Baking +6 Trophy
            300 Smithing +6 Trophy
            300 Brewing +6 Trophy
            300 Pottery +6 Trophy
            300 Jewelry +7 Trophy
            300 Fletching +6 Trophy
            300 Tailoring +6 Trophy
            300 Alchemy +7 Trophy
            296 Tinkering +6 Trophy
            174 Research + Trophy
            140 Poisonmaker + Trophy