Taaffeite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taaffeite

Ok where si good palce to farm this? I spend 5 hours in sunder killing drakes and bassilisk and got one homonagate and that it for this, numerous low end gems? suggesstins please.

Seen em drop in AG and FC and the tier 2 SoF zones.

Comment

They seem to be a random drop from any number of places.

Have gotten a few in Fort Mech, but rarely.
      Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
      Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

They are on the global loot table, but might be restricted by level of mobs in the zone. I have seen them drop in Dranik Hallows missions (i.e. while farming sigs) and friends have reported them dropping in teh Steppes too (they got 3 in one marathon session over the weekend, 2 from gnolls, 1 from a lizard).

Bottom line though, they are going to be rare no matter where you go.

Gorse

Comment

Ive been getting it from lvl 60 humanoids... I thought it was restricted to higher levels than that.
          Ivocare Pietas 75 High Elf Magician

Baking-300 +12%
          Blacksmithing-267 +8%
          Brewing-300 +12%
          Fletching-202
          Jewelcrafting-297
          Pottery-250
          Research-226
          Tailoing-300 +12%

Comment

According to Magelo, it looks like all of the new gems are global from any mob 60+.

Comment

if it is 60, that may be a typo. I will have to look at that data. I am think I intended 70+.

I will look into it, and may or may not change anything (I may have intended 60, it just sounds a bit low)

These are supposed to be rare and difficult to acquire.
              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
              Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200
              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

It does look like 60 was intended

Leaving it for now.

It is rare, and staying rare. (I made no change)
                Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                Grandmaster Smith 250
                Master Tailor 200

Comment

So the obvious question, if taaffeites drop for level 60-65 groups, is that an indicator of what the recommended level is going to be?

Comment

probably NOT. Not sure yet though.
                    Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                    Master Tailor 200

Comment

I'm torn here.

lvl 80 toons with 1000s of AAs running ramant thru 60+ zones to farm these, makes me cringe.....

Some of us still play the game at NO RAID LEVEL and like to exp without the hassle of "Excuse me, we're gonna clear the zone quick, be back in 30 to do it again".

Plane of Fear STILL farmed for that dang skele illusion thingy, all our Shammys gave up and bypass 1.0 to get 1.5. Sad.

The game is losing the FUN edge it once had. It's not group or die anymore.... It's RAID or get out of the way.

I'll give it one more expansion, but guessing the raid meantality cannot change... they ARE the only ones play and pay, 8 boxing, or whatever they do.

Comment

Plane of Fear

I agree, that skeleton issue clicky should have been moved or removed a along time ago.

Comment

As far as taafeite goes, there are tons of zones with many 60+ mobs in them. Way more than any one group can clear at one time. If someone is working your corner, check out other corners till you find one that no one else routinely goes farms.

When you get people farming mobs, they tend to go to the same corner all the time because its familiar and safe and they know the spawn timers etc.

Just find a corner no one else routinely uses. I mean for tradeskill drops, not specialty items that are only off one mob.
                          Silmare - Fu World Order - Bristlebane
                          Master Artisan ~ Master Researcher (Hybrid)
                          Master Tinker ~ Master Alchemist ~ Master Researcher(Caster) ~ Master Poisoncrafter

Comment

I've gotten a few clearing the large pyramid in atiiki, on Quellious there's never anyone there.

Comment

Working...
                            X