A few possibly boneheader questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few possibly boneheader questions

To create Paladium metal with gems like nihilite, rubelite, and the such, do you cut the gems? I cut them and they become augments. If I try to do anything with them or the Paladium Mounts I can't make any combinations. Is there a level limitation to doing these combines? I see the stats on the items in the recipes but no way to create them. Are they even implemented in the game? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Budlgious; 12-05-2007, 11:15 PM.

The cut gems are inserted into the metal base in an augmentation birdbath, not in the jewelkit.

Finished items become No Trade also. They must be assembled by the person who is going to use the item and not by the JCer. This part is a no fail combiine.

Comment

Originally posted by Budlgious View Post
      To create Paladium metal with gems like nihilite, rubelite, and the such, do you cut the gems? I cut them and they become augments. If I try to do anything with them or the Paladium Mounts I can't make any combinations. Is there a level limitation to doing these combines? I see the stats on the items in the recipes but no way to create them. Are they even implemented in the game? Thanks in advance.
      It sounds like you are using the old system.

Review the threads here talking about the new jewelry system to help figure it out.

I think all the old palladium jewelry crafting recipies have been disabled.

The new system you choose the item you want to make (ring, earring, face, necklace, wrist) by purchasing a mold (molds are sold at the same vendors that the tool is pruchased from in the above link).

Then with a JC kit combine:
      mold + metal + solo/duo/trio tool (same tool as above, keep converting it in the kit until you get the one you want).

Now you choose the gem you want to use, based on the stats you want from the item.

Then with a JC kit combine:

gem + tool ......... OR ........... gem + tool + jewelers glass
      (some gems require the eye glass some do not, easy rule of thumb, if the gem costs more than 20pp or is from drops only, it will require the jewelers glass).

All the new cut gems are augments now. The user will need to find an aug pool (bazaar, guild hall, guild lobby, crescent reach, butcherblock mountains, etc...) in order to put the gem on the item.

Also try here for a decent writeup:
      http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=30807

Gorse

Comment

Working...
      X