JC Solo/Duo/Trio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JC Solo/Duo/Trio

Currently it makes very little sense to use a Solo or Duo mount.

So a proposal:
    Solo: Has type 7, 9 and 11 aug slots. The type 11 aug boosts the stats to 120% of current.

Duo: Has a type 9, and two type 11 aug slots. Each type 11 aug is at 70% of current stats.

Trio: Has 10, 10, 11 slots.

Assuming the remove the "can't have the same gem twice", using Taafy, and a 20 AC 60 HP/mana/end aug (a very good aug!) in the type 7, we get:

Solo: Type 9 + 43 AC 360 HP/mana/end 28 all resists
    Duo: Type 9 + 29 AC 350 HP/mana/end 32 all resists
    Trio: 19 AC 450 HP 250 mana/end 23 all resists (with 2 type 10 opals)

Ie, all 3 are interesting. Solo requires a good type 7: if you have a good type 7, a Solo setting is tempting. Duo requires two of the good type 11 gems to have good stats, which makes it annoying. And Trio is what we have right now.

I just want to talk about it, and see if there are any abuses with proposing something like the above.
    Last edited by Yakk; 11-29-2007, 11:51 AM.
    --
    I am not the Yakatizma you are looking for.
    No, really.

The issue of not having 2 of the same augs goes back to LDoN when aug system was first introduced. So it's an old issue and I don't think it's going to get fixed anytime soon.

Stick with using 2 different gems for now.

Grolyn Blacknife
    Beastlord
     T:7
     M:0
     T:6
     M:1
    Fletching:
     M:2
    Zira Blacknife
    Shaman
    Maelin Starpyre
    Vazaelle
    Reiseraa
    Necro
    Research:

Comment

Hmm, good proposal Yakk.

Can anyone give me a reason to make Solo or Duo rings? I've made a few just while testing stuff out (and managed to sell one) but since then nothing but trios made by me or that I've seen sold on the baz.

Please tell me that they aren't "just for skilling up".
      I call for the elimination of EQ levels 1-50.

Comment

I would think it would be similar to putting lower trivial armor combines in. It is a lower skill required so you would be able to make it before the trio. To someone with 300 skill, no you wouldn't make it. If they put in recommended levels, perhaps there will be a use then, though I am not sure what they could do.
        Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
        Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

The difference in trivial between Solo/Duo/Trio isn't large enough that anyone would actually make a Solo/Duo to wear.

Hence the above idea.

It even makes some sense: the Solo enhances the single gem, and leaves more room for further augmentation.

The Duo, with two gems, focuses the magic stronger than the Solo, but reduces the room for augmentation.

The Trio requires balance, and you can't use 3 large gems without it failing, and it uses up the augmentation room.

The negative thing I find is that it reduces the amount of "type 10" gems we are likely to use: they are only useful in the trio ring, or when making budget jewelry.
          --
          No, really.

Comment

Overbalanced.

You've overbalanced; If you went that far, I think noone would wear a Trio. Compare the current:

Dwerium Trio Ring, Round Cut Taaffeite, Round Cut Emerald, Round Cut Opal
            AC: 19 STA: 23 CHA: 23 WIS: 23 INT: 23 HP: 350 MANA: 350 Endurance: 350
            SV FIRE: 23 SV DISEASE: 23 SV COLD: 23 SV MAGIC: 23 SV POISON: 23

vs. the proposed

Dwerium Solo Ring, Round Cut Taaffeite, Warded Rose Stone, Radiant Tanzanite Shard
            AC: 22 STR: 6 DEX: 6 STA: 33 CHA: 33 WIS: 33 INT: 33 AGI: 6 HP: 330 MANA: 330 Endurance: 330
            SV FIRE: 39 SV DISEASE: 39 SV COLD: 39 SV MAGIC: 39 SV POISON: 39

I know I'd very quickly give up the 20 hit points, mana, and endurance for 80 more points of resists, 3 more AC, and 54 stat points... And since DoNs were easily beaten at level 75, let alone 80, the crystal cost on those two items is a pittance.

Though I wear two of the Dwerium Trios right now, it was a long, hard look at the mod2s to make sure I really felt it was worthwhile. I wish there were a way to aug on mod2s.
            Thomen Feadannareil (85 HUM ENC)
            Expert Artisan And Grandmaster Scrounger of Firiona Vie
            Alchemy* 242, Baking 336, Blacksmithing 345, Brewing 336, Fletching 291, Jewelcraft 345, Pottery 345, Research 291, Tailoring 345, Tinkering 243**
            * Available upon request from an anonymous shaman.
            ** Subcontracted through Maolgann of Ak'Anon (83 GNM MAG)

Comment

Enduring Breath

I was considering making a silver solo ring with the pear cut star ruby for the faerune effect for my low-level alts. Beats taking a higher-level and mugging Hadden everytime a new member joins my guild. LOL.

Comment

This is about 30 to 40 kpp worth of DoN points, to be fair.

As opposed to 50 pp worth of type 10 gems.
                --
                No, really.

Comment

The Warded Rose Stone is an aug I imagine many people wear anyway; moving it to this ring would open up a slot somewhere else, so its cost is possibly a non-starter. Even if they don't already have one, it takes an hour or so to grind out two Creator missions to get enough crystals for one.

The Radiant Tanzanite was a bit of a jump, at its crystal cost... so yank from the latter ring, and replace it with a very easy kill in Dranik's Scar. You're still left with this:
                  Dwerium Solo Ring, Round Cut Taaffeite, Warded Rose Stone, Dull Stone of Sorrow
                  AC: 22 STR: 5 DEX: 5 STA: 32 CHA: 32 WIS: 32 INT: 32 AGI: 5 HP: 300 MANA: 300 Endurance: 300
                  SV FIRE: 39 SV DISEASE: 39 SV COLD: 39 SV MAGIC: 39 SV POISON: 39

A little harsher, but I think the 50 mana drop is still worth the 3 extra AC, 47 stat points, and 80 resist points. If you're not already at cap, you'll make up a good portion of the hit points and mana on the nine extra points of stamina and intelligence/wisdom.

I wasn't going worst-case scenario on you, because that wouldn't be fair. (Worst case would be a finished BiC aug in the slot 9. Evil, evil ring, but anyone who's got a finished BiC aug likely won't be using this jewelry anyhow.)
                  Alchemy* 242, Baking 336, Blacksmithing 345, Brewing 336, Fletching 291, Jewelcraft 345, Pottery 345, Research 291, Tailoring 345, Tinkering 243**

Comment

The fact is that I agree with you that noone would use the Solo or Duo as anything but a skillup path. I'm just trying to point out that your proposed changes mean possibly overbalancing it to the extent that the then-useless ring is the Trio.

With the changes to AC, a ring that has 19 AC but 450 hit points is not as impressive as a ring with 43 AC and 360 hit points.

Comment

Working...
                    X