Possible fix for Stats on Gems (Augs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible fix for Stats on Gems (Augs)

How about putting something in the Item Information slot? Like, perhaps "Adds Str, Sta & Cha to your jewelry". Or "Adds AC & HP to your jewelry".

Is something like that possible?
    Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
    Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
    Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
    Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

or like items that evolve put a link for the maimum stats in dwerium
    Kekenewah Silverfire: 82 High Elf Wizard: Drinal Server salvage 3
    300 Jeweler (plus 15%) & JM3, 300 Smith w/ SM3 (plus 15%), 248 brewer (plus 5%), 300 tailor (plus 15% & TM3), 200 baker, 217 Pottery (plus 5%), 200 Fisherman, 300 spell research w/ AT3 (plus 15%)
    Kekema: 81 gnome magician 250 fletcher (plus 5%), 215 tinkerer (plus 5%)
    Kekero: 65 dwarf rogue 300 make poison (plus 12%)
    Keketrol: 74 troll shaman 300 alchemist w/ AM3 (plus 15%) salvage 3
    Kekecha: 75 Erudite enchanter 122 smith (plus 5%)
    Kekenebog: 59 Ogre warrior 203 blacksmith (plus 5%)
    Kekera: 62 halfling ranger: 189 blacksmith (plus 5%)
    Keneken: 75 dark elf necro: 112 tailor (plus 5%)
    Keke 70 High Elf wizard on Mayong 300 plus 12% research with AT3

Comment

Currently it is really hard to sell this jewelry as nobody realises what the stats are or finds anything in searches. Only those in the know have a clue and they are likely people who can already make it. I have Dwerium rings and earrings as well as most gems for sale but no buyers at all.
      Upstart Ranger
      Dark Templars
      80 Ranger of Xegony
      My Stuff

Master Artisan

Comment

Try /auc instead of /bazaar?
        --
        I am not the Yakatizma you are looking for.
        No, really.

Comment

Would be really great if we could put the gems in the settings then put them on trader where people could view the full stats.

Comment

Oooooh, new icon. Lovely, Marissas. I've been wondering when one of these will surface .

- Edit -

This is, to the best of my knowledge, the creators of the older versions of the icon.

The 1750 avatar:
            http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...5&postcount=14

The 2100 avatar with old icons:
            http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...62&postcount=1

The 2100 avatar with new icons:
            http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...7&postcount=89
            Last edited by Elfdruidess; 11-23-2007, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Back to possible fix for showing stats on gems, just set up a board in bazaar (similar to guild recruit board in guild lobby) and list all stats. From an RP point of view, it's a shop window which bazaar sorely lacked for a long time. This may become useful to solve problems that may pop up in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakk View Post
                Try /auc instead of /bazaar?

Trouble is I barely have time to play, raid, quest, and trade skill without actively sitting in the bazaar.
                Upstart Ranger
                Dark Templars
                80 Ranger of Xegony
                My Stuff

Master Artisan

Comment

Originally posted by Elfdruidess View Post
                  Oooooh, new icon. Lovely, Marissas. I've been wondering when one of these will surface .

- Edit -

This is, to the best of my knowledge, the creators of the older versions of the icon.

The 1750 avatar:
                  http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...5&postcount=14

The 2100 avatar with old icons:
                  http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...62&postcount=1

The 2100 avatar with new icons:
                  http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...7&postcount=89
                  Thanks This is the second new icon my friend made for me. I love it !

Comment

fix needed

Tradeskillers need to be able to sell what they make as this supplies the cash for them to buy materials and continue tradeskilling. Sales is like an 8th tradeskill. When you are trying to sell things, you must make it as easy as possible for the buyer to know what you have, see how buying it would benefit him, and make the purchase. The lack of labeling and linkability on the new jewelcraft items prevents all of these. The only way for someone to recognize what you are offering is for them to have memorized the JC spreadsheet. The jewelry can not be preassembled so it shows the stats in /bazaar and the links do not show the stats to anyone but the owner so it can not even be linked in /auc. It has been suggested that we sell them in /auc. What do you say? Here's a piece of jewelry you should buy, but you'll have to believe me on the stats? Or Here's some cool stones to put into the jewelry, but you will have to go read this spreadsheet to figure out which you should buy? With no labeling on the stones selling them in /auc is not profitable. I hoped to generate some interest by sending a link to guild chat. They said "what is it?" and "does it have stats?". By the time I had finished explaining everything, people were busy doing other things. No interest at all was generated despite the fact it was a +5 mana regen necklace that I could make lots of. As for ease in making the purchase, people want to put their new stuff on before leaving the merchant they bought it from. The customizability is very nice, but telling someone to buy these 3 stones and this mount and go to the pool and put them in with this stone in first, put it on and attune it to themselves and THEN they get to see the stats you promised them, doesn't fly. (lol, hope you told them the right stones too or else you will have a very irate person on your hands.) As a market mule I have made > 2M plat selling tradeskilled items. Despite my JCer having a skill of 295 and the cool stats the jewelry gives, I will not be stocking it till it can be listed in /bazaar.

Comment

I find that I must agree...

Without some sort of display of Stats, the items just won't sell... at least, not to the average player.
                      Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
                      Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
                      Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
                      Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

Paragraphs are your friend.

And I agree but this is already reporeted on the
                        drawing board.
                        Roanne LeFaye
                        Warrior Barbarian of the Tribunal
                        Outsider Domination
                        The Seventh Hammer
                        2100 Club + 300 melee Research

Comment

Maddoc mentioned wanting to see if we could get the attunable to only switch on when you try and WEAR it (after or at the same time we fix it to show the stats when not worn) that way you can "show" it better.

No ETA on this yet, but we are looking at it.
                          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                          Grandmaster Smith 250
                          Master Tailor 200
                          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

I did a bug in game as the augs are not only not showing their stats they are not giving them either. Figured it was casue ya had to equip it so i did on my lvl 60 ench, and my stats only went up the 3 that intricate already had. Seems not only stats not showing on some but also not giving stats. Atleast on some gems.

Comment

These augments are not intended for intricate armor, and won't give any stats there.

Comment

Working...
                              X