X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nihilite cutting bugs

Posting this in case it hasnt been done already
    In a reinforced jeweller's kit:
    Marquise cutting amber nihilite returns oval cutting tool not the marquise cutting tool
    Marquise cutting crimson nihilite returns the pear cut tool
    In a reinforced jeweller's kit, neither pale nihilite nor shimmering nihilite can be marquise cut.
    Suedyin
    Archmage of Immortal Trust
    Mithaniel Marr/ Saryrn

Baker (300), Brewer (300), Fletcher (300), Jeweller (300), Potter (300), Smith (300), Spellcrafter (280) and Tailor (300)
    Baking Mastery III, Brewing Mastery III, Fletching Mastery III, Jewelcraft Mastery III, Pottery Mastery III, Research Mastery III, Smithing Mastery III, Tailoring Mastery III, Salvage III

Confirmation

I can also verify that this is indeed happening.

Combining Crimson Nihilite with a Jeweler's Glass and Marquise Cut Tool in a Reinforced Jeweler's Kit will return the tool as a Pear Cut Tool.

Thank you,
    Raevynhart

Comment

Yes, they have been reported. I guess they could not get the fix in before the last patch. I am sure it is on the to do list, but since it is at least working it probably does not have precidence over the truely broken ones (it does make repeat combines a bit of a pain though).

Gorse
      Last edited by Gorse; 11-26-2007, 03:25 PM.

Comment

I found another error while doing these same combines. If you salvage one of the above combines, the cutting tool will be left in your bag and a second one is placed on your cursor. I don't remember which ones specifically did this but it did happen on 2 different nihilite types. I started combining a batch of nihilite with 1 cutting tool and now have 3.

/waits for the emergency patch to fix this "exploit."

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf79 View Post
          I found another error while doing these same combines. If you salvage one of the above combines, the cutting tool will be left in your bag and a second one is placed on your cursor. I don't remember which ones specifically did this but it did happen on 2 different nihilite types. I started combining a batch of nihilite with 1 cutting tool and now have 3.

/waits for the emergency patch to fix this "exploit."
          no "emergency" patch. It is part of this patch today
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200
          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

after patch....

I did combines on all the nihilites, other than pale which isn't working yet, tonight after the patch.

Seems the cutting tool bug has been fixed on all but the (legacy) shimmering nihilite.

When combined with shimmering, the cutting tool changes on failure, or success.

Good job on the others getting fixed.
            This is not a complaint, just an FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by Lhife View Post
              I did combines on all the nihilites, other than pale which isn't working yet, tonight after the patch.

Seems the cutting tool bug has been fixed on all but the (legacy) shimmering nihilite.

When combined with shimmering, the cutting tool changes on failure, or success.

Good job on the others getting fixed.
              This is not a complaint, just an FYI.
              well bah humbug!

ok
              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
              Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200

Comment

Also Marquise Cut Amber Nihilite still has a half-moon cut icon (it's using icon 1952, should be 1953).

Comment

Originally posted by Bobaten View Post
                  Also Marquise Cut Amber Nihilite still has a half-moon cut icon (it's using icon 1952, should be 1953).
                  already caught that in another thread. needs a patching
                  Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                  Master Tailor 200

Comment

I did the quest tonight (the freebie one) and it took Me 20-30 minutes to do the entire thing to much delight, then I did My nihilite combines in My reinforced kit, I was curious as no where I have found what the shimmering nihilite stats are... so I got nosy and put it in My cult. wristband.. only to find out.. hmm.. nothing changed. I am not sure if this is a bug, and it is meant to have stats and just got missed, or if it got nerfed or never had stats to begin with... was just wondering why I could make an aug that had no stats on it at all. Also, when I was looking through the "uncut" *insert gem name here* listings, there were a few of them that said it was a slot 10 aug, when made it says its a slot 11 aug. I will go back and see if I can find it, but My poor eyes are too tired at this point. Also, the rubellite and black sapphire, I am assuming since no information is given on those stat wise, that they are the same as the shimmering nihilite? (IE no stats once being made) Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is already anwsered somewhere else!

Comment

Shimmering Nihilites are AC10 250HP/Mana/End in Dwerium iirc.You have to wear the jewerly in order to see the stats at which point it becomes no trade.Rubellite is +12 to all stats in Dwerium.Forget what black sapphire is atm.

Comment

Also the new jewelery does not offer stats when worn in cultural wrist because it is not supposed to work that way. You need to use the metal (palladium, dwerium, etc) and not cultural to get any stats.

I think a fix is planned to prevent this is coming but no idea when if it's coming at all.

Grolyn Blacknife
                        Beastlord
                         T:7
                         M:0
                         T:6
                         M:1
                        Fletching:
                         T:7