Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GoD Nihilite quests still bugged (after Nov 20 patch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoD Nihilite quests still bugged (after Nov 20 patch)

For simplicity's sake, I am just going to describe Pale Nihilte here. Can copy and paste for Shimmering Nihilite.

During GoD, there are 3 ways to obtain Pale Nihilite, involving either Glirina Morningbloom or Rilwind Sitnai (both in Abysmal Sea).

(1) Give one Raw Pale Nihilite to Glirina Morningbloom get back two Pale Nihilites

(2) Finish "Jewelcraft Freebie" Quest from Glirina Morningbloom http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/ar...r=120037000000
    This flags player to be able to turn one Raw Pale Nihilite into 1, 2 or 3 Pale Nihilites.

(3) Finish "Jewelcraft Collect " Quest from Rilwind Sitnai
    http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/ar...r=120037000000
    This flags player to be able to turn one Raw Pale Nihilite into 1, 2 or 3 Pale Nihilites.

At Launch of SoF:

Method (1)

is not enabled for SoF Nihilites x 4 (SoF Raw Pale Nihilite, SoF Raw Shimmering Nihilite, Raw Indigo Nihilite and Raw Amber Nihilite)

but still working for GoD Nihilites x 2 (GoD Raw Pale Nihilite, GoD Raw Shimmering Nihilite)

Flags for players who did Quest (2)

is not enabled for SoF Nihilites x 4
    but still working for GoD Nihilites x 2

Flags for players who did Quest (3)

is enabled for SoF Nihilites x 2 (Indigo & Amber)
    is not enabled for SoF Nihilites x 2 (Pale & Shimmering)
    and still working for GoD Nihilites x 2

After patch of Nov 20:

Method (1)

is enabled for SoF Nihiltes x 4
    *possibly* unable to test for GoD Nihilites x 2 if we don't have a "legacy" version lying around

Flags for players who did Quest (2)

is not enabled for SoF Nihilites x 4
    *possibly* unable to test for GoD Nihilites x 2 if we don't have a "legacy" version lying around

Flags for players who did Quest (3)

is enabled for SoF Nihilites x 4

As a player who maxed out the Nihilte Quest via Quest (2), I beg for:

(a) to reconfirm that the Quest (2) flag is still enabled for GoD Nihilites x 2

(b) For this Quest (2) flag to match the Quest (3) flag in its usage for SoF Nihilites.
    Last edited by Elfdruidess; 11-20-2007, 05:34 PM.

Raw Pale Nihilites

I had a stcak of Raw Plae Nihilites (kept the server supplied with Golden Nihilite Earrings). New Raw Pale Nihilites stack with the old, so there are no "Legacy".

I think I had a few Shimmering sitting around as well, but can't be sure. I do now that I only have one stack now.
    Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

Yeah... still can't refine Raw Nihilites. And the newly named Raw Crimson Nihilite, I can't refine that.
      Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
      Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
      Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
      Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

Ok so only the freebie quest is not working?

I have no idea why it is not working... it really should... hrm.
        Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
        Grandmaster Smith 250
        Master Tailor 200
        Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Man...

Forgive the bruise from me banging my head on the desk about my own carelessness on this.

When I did a bunch of this stuff, I had to make a way that it could only be done on beta, because these changes tend to go live before they are done or tested.

So... I had put a "must be level 76" on MANY recipes.

At one point I thought I had removed them all. But... for some reason, I missed these

So your two tests of Work vs not work... probably had to do with the character's level

I have removed this restriction, but it needs a full patch to go in.

{{Bangs his head on the desk some more}}
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200

Comment

*slips a pillow between Ngreth's head and the desk*

Mistakes happen, we are all human (even Ogres )
            Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
            Silky Moderator Lady
            Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

That has got to be the simplest bug fix we can ever hope for . I was all prepared for a long wait while you sort through the GoD quest flags.

Comment

I have some of the "old" pale nihilite and shimmering nihilite that I had already refined myself. I wasn't able to cut them using the new recipes. Is that intended?

Comment

See the "required level 76" explination post just a few up from here in this thread.
                  Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
                  Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
                  Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
                  Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

Originally posted by Wyora View Post
                    I have some of the "old" pale nihilite and shimmering nihilite that I had already refined myself. I wasn't able to cut them using the new recipes. Is that intended?
                    It is something I need to address don't destroy them, I will make them useful.
                    Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                    Master Tailor 200

Comment

Originally posted by Elfdruidess View Post
                      That has got to be the simplest bug fix we can ever hope for . I was all prepared for a long wait while you sort through the GoD quest flags.
                      Aye that! Thanks for all the head banging Ngreth. I will send you some heavy metal CDs for next time

Comment

Raw Pale Nihilite

Ok, probably a very dumb question, but I am new to the tradeskill portion of the game. For the life of me I cannot find a source for Raw Pale Nihilte. All the quests etc say need to turn in this stuff to do the quest, but my searches of this site and Allah turn up no sources to get the Raw version.

Comment

so just to get this right.

I have to be 76 to be able to refine SoF nihilites ?? Or is this restriction going to be taken out sometime??

Slurpy

Comment

Yes 76 for now in the jewelry kit, although there are reports that the merchant next to the normal exchange merchant will do the others for you in the meantime.

Ngreth says the fix for this will be "in the next full patch" but it's up to the other devs and higher-ups to decide when this will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by slurperess View Post
                              so just to get this right.

I have to be 76 to be able to refine SoF nihilites ?? Or is this restriction going to be taken out sometime??

Slurpy
                              As Xylo mentioned it will be removed.

It was a bug that it was left in (it was a beta thing) it just needs a patch unfortunately.
                              Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                              Master Tailor 200

Comment

Working...
                              X