Evolving JC trophy from lvl 6 to 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolving JC trophy from lvl 6 to 7

Now that the "vendor only" path is eliminated, evolving the JC trophy from lvl 6 to 7 still needs the same number of successful attempts as before (i.e. approx 1000 attempts).

Is this intended?

I thought this number should be reduced (from 1000 to 750) like the smithing trophy after the elimination of the "vendor only" path?

1000ish is my baseline. smithing needed more than 1000. But I will check to be sure it is at that 1000ish. (I think what it is, is that I was nice and based it off of 300 instead of 350... so the higher level combines you do the more you shortcut the 1000ish combines.)
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

For Smithing, before the elimination of the "vendor only" path, it was 1000 successful combines for 350 trivial items (and approx 1050 for 335 trivial items).

After the elimination of the "vendor only" path, it now needs approx 750 successful combines. This reduction was meant to be a compensation for the removal of the "vendor only" path.

My lvl 6 smithing trophy gained in % after the previous smithing patch.

I thought JC would also receive the same compensation? But the % on my lvl 6 JC trophy remained unchanged after patch which leads me to believe that no such compensation went into the JC trophy.

Comment

I think it needs it also. I will check.
        Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
        Grandmaster Smith 250
        Master Tailor 200
        Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Thanks you so much Ngreth for sparing the time to do this even with so much on your hands.

After Nov 20 patch, JC trophy from lvl 6 - 7 is changed from 1000 to 450. (My trophy 6 at 75% became trophy 6 at 166%.)

To recap:
          Fletching 450
          Tailoring 450 (no change at SoF launch, not sure about patch of Nov 20)
          Smithing changed from 1000 to 750 (same patch as vendor path elimination)
          JC changed from 1000 to 450 (after patch of Nov 20)
          Baking, Brewing, Pottery 1000

Comment

Aye

My trophy jumped from below 50 to 106% <smile>.
            All those Prestidigitase Rings and Earrings, and Flow Sttone cuttings finally paid off.
            Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

My level 6 JC trophy isn't increasing any longer...

I've cut many, many 325+ items (mostly OoW augs) since hitting 300JC, and I'm still at 0&#37;. Anyone else had that issue, and is that "working as intended"?

Edit: Hmm... cut a harmonagate, two taffeites, and a staurolite... and it jumped from 0% to 2% suddenly (as in, didn't go 0 - 1 - 2, but rather 0 -> 2%. Seems it's 'fixed'.
              Last edited by thomenthechanter; 11-25-2007, 07:57 PM.
              Thomen Feadannareil (85 HUM ENC)
              Expert Artisan And Grandmaster Scrounger of Firiona Vie
              Alchemy* 242, Baking 336, Blacksmithing 345, Brewing 336, Fletching 291, Jewelcraft 345, Pottery 345, Research 291, Tailoring 345, Tinkering 243**
              * Available upon request from an anonymous shaman.
              ** Subcontracted through Maolgann of Ak'Anon (83 GNM MAG)

Comment

Originally posted by thomenthechanter View Post
                I've cut many, many 325+ items (mostly OoW augs) since hitting 300JC, and I'm still at 0%. Anyone else had that issue, and is that "working as intended"?

Edit: Hmm... cut a harmonagate, two taffeites, and a staurolite... and it jumped from 0% to 2% suddenly (as in, didn't go 0 - 1 - 2, but rather 0 -> 2%. Seems it's 'fixed'.
                The items do not update while viewed. If you perform combines you have to close the item link and re-open each time to see if there was a change. It is possible that you won't see any change until you open the item link again.

Regardless, glad to hear it is working again.

Gose

Comment

Watching evolution

When I want to watch my trophies evolve I open the Evolution tab from the Inventory window. About 10 successful combines should get you a percentage point.
                  Last edited by Shadrok; 11-26-2007, 10:16 AM. Reason: typos
                  Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

Gorse, the original statement was based over the past year or so that it hadn't evolved one bit, through many, many character select screens, server crashes, and two unanswered /bug's. During that timeframe, I cut something in the realm of fifty OoW augs, prestidigitases, and harmonagates. It was to the extent where I was about to destroy the trophy and re-do it.

As you said, it's good that it's working again with SoF.
                    Last edited by thomenthechanter; 11-26-2007, 12:16 PM. Reason: Grammar.
                    Thomen Feadannareil (85 HUM ENC)
                    Expert Artisan And Grandmaster Scrounger of Firiona Vie
                    Alchemy* 242, Baking 336, Blacksmithing 345, Brewing 336, Fletching 291, Jewelcraft 345, Pottery 345, Research 291, Tailoring 345, Tinkering 243**
                    * Available upon request from an anonymous shaman.
                    ** Subcontracted through Maolgann of Ak'Anon (83 GNM MAG)

Comment

Originally posted by thomenthechanter View Post
                      Gorse, the original statement was based over the past year or so that it hadn't evolved one bit, through many, many character select screens, server crashes, and two unanswered /bug's. During that timeframe, I cut something in the realm of fifty OoW augs, prestidigitases, and harmonagates. It was to the extent where I was about to destroy the trophy and re-do it.

As you said, it's good that it's working again with SoF.
                      /bug reports are not answered, but petitions require a response. I would defintely have petitioned if the problem persisted. Occational reports from people with similar problem do get posted now and then, thankfully all mine have always worked properly.

Gorse

Comment

Originally posted by Shadrok View Post
                        When I want to watch my trophies evolve I open the Evolution tab from the Inventory window. About 10 successful combines should get you a percentage point.
                        I completed my trophy last week using SOF stuff and noted that, with remarkable consistency, I was getting 1 skill-up per 5 combines.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfdruidess View Post
                          After Nov 20 patch, JC trophy from lvl 6 - 7 is changed from 1000 to 450. (My trophy 6 at 75% became trophy 6 at 166%.)
                          Yeap, the Nov 20 patch is the watershed. Before that, it was 10. After that, it became 5.

To be exact, before the patch, it was 10.5 if you're doing Gem Studded Chain (335).

After the patch, it is 5 if you're doing Sunshard Ore (303) and 4.5 if you're doing Prestidigitase or above (those around and way above 350).

Comment

Working...
                          X