Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jewelry Molds Poofing On Fizzle. Working as intended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewelry Molds Poofing On Fizzle. Working as intended?

I have been enjoying finding out some of the new items that result from the POR jewelry and have made quite a few Pear Cut Prestidigitase Palladium Rings for folks since they became available.

One thing I noticed and was not sure if it was a bug or working as intended. While preparing the Palladium I fizzled one combine. The Palladium was destroyed but so was the Pear Cut Mold. Was the mold also supposed to fizzle? In general the mold is always recovered on succssful cuts so I was not sure if the destroyed mold was meant to be an unintended side effect of the fail or it was intentional.

Grim
    Last edited by GrimwoodCT; 03-07-2006, 01:33 PM.
    Squeaky Toy
    300 Smithing 7/7 - 300 Tailoring 7/7 - 300 Jewelcraft 7/7 - 300 Tinkering 7/7 - 300 Pottery 7/7 - 300 Research 7/7 - 300 Baking 7/7 - 300 Brewing 7/7 - 300 Fletching 7/7
    The Meanest Tradeskiller on Cazic Thule

Yes.

That was a specific decision. When you "made the mistake" (I.E. you "fizzled"), you "cracked" the mold, making it also useless

So these molds are re-usable, until you "make a mistake".
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Thanks Ngreth. That was both the answer I was expecting and a good explanation as to why. At least they stack and are cheap enough to not be a hardship when you blow through a few.
      Squeaky Toy
      300 Smithing 7/7 - 300 Tailoring 7/7 - 300 Jewelcraft 7/7 - 300 Tinkering 7/7 - 300 Pottery 7/7 - 300 Research 7/7 - 300 Baking 7/7 - 300 Brewing 7/7 - 300 Fletching 7/7
      The Meanest Tradeskiller on Cazic Thule

Comment

On that note, I was doing a final ring combine (already-cut stone and already-prepared mount). I failed the combine and got my cut prestidigitase back. It wasn't a salvage, it was an "alternate product." Just to make sure, has anyone else noticed this, or was this a bug? The product was a square cut prestidigitase palladium ring; I've already updated this in our DB.
        Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
        Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
        Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
        Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

I believe I remember reading elsewhere that that's intentional for it to return the cut gem on a failed mount. You're not actually harming the gem trying to put it in the metal, just making the metal unusable.
          Llientylln Cahlinderil
          Coercer of the Lore Keepers - Povar
          300 JC, 271 Baking, 256 Brewing, 252 Tailoring, 249 Pottery, 233 Fletching, 224 Smithing, 200 Fishing, 204 Research

Comment

Exactly.

I made the cut hard enough that I did not feel he need to then ruin the gem when you try and stick it in the mount... now ruining the mount is a different matter entirely...
            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
            Grandmaster Smith 250
            Master Tailor 200
            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Working...
            X