Dex really does override Int/Wis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dex really does override Int/Wis?

I tried some combines today and got no skill ups (10 tries) when maxed out on dex (252); without my int gear and songs my int was below 100. Not one skillup; skill was at 46 at the time. When I switched to int gear (int 167/dex around 135), was averaging about 1 in 3 skillups.

I have seen several posts that dex overrides int/wis if it is higher. My point is, was I a victim of the RNG? Just don't want to make any expensive mistakes.

Jewelcrafting: skill increases for jewelcrafting are determined by INT, WIS or DEX, whichever is higher.
    That's quoted from the FAQ section so apparently yes it is int/wis/dex whichever is higher that determines skillups for Jewelcrafting. Personally, I've always gone the int route
    December 2000 - July 2003

Comment

Well, we were told that Dex was the secondary skill for Jewelcraft. It is entirely possible that the RNG just didn't like you when you did your run with Dex gear. After all, 10 combines is a very small number of a sample to pick from, and we've all had our hell levels even at a very low skill level.

Still, it might be nice for some confirmation. After all, enchanters 44 and over can use Boon to give +100 Dex, so is there any enchanter out there who has tried and confirmed this?

Comment

*smile*

I have no proof...

But my feeling is that the thing that matter the most is the highest, whatever it is, then the second highest will also matter to cut the holes. So someone with 255 intel and 100 dex OR 100 intel and 255 dex should be about the same, but someone with 255 intel AND Dex would do SLIGHTLY better...

Yet I have no proofs and the core of tradeskillers will say that I am wrong, but call it luck if you want, I did much better with both maxed then only 1 (IE: the day I start using Boon of Garou before hitting combine, the intel didn`t change and remain the top stat).

At least 10 chanters have welcome me over and over after doing so...

My personnal theory is that it improve it SLIGHTLY...yet most peoples can try it only once, to be sure we would need to raise the skill and make the combine from 0 to 250 using the same pattern and placing the items in the same spot, in same laggy zone at about same time with like 20 persons, 5 at 255 in dex, 5 at 255 in intel, 5 at 255 wisdom and 5 with both(dex and intel) to have a start of a datebase and 5 subjects of each still to few to kill the random factors 100% and be sure...

At any rate, if you can have boon of the garou/scarecrow + focus you will be dex maxed wearing intel gear...

*giggles*

I have no proofs...

I can`t prove it...

But I feel that I am right like peasants do think some folks where connected to God...it is pointless to tell me that I am wrong! :P

Rationnally a doctor or a jeweler in RL need BOTH maxed if possible, but having only 1 maxed is only slightly less good, having both is not a must, yet so easy to pay shaman and chanter to get both buffs and been maxed.
        Killing spiders for 65 levels! :P
        A Guild? And why for? Been guildless they can all worship me np! :P

Comment

Working...
        X