Tradeskill AA and Trophies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradeskill AA and Trophies

Returning player after 3 years. I notice there are 13 levels of AA for each tradeskill. They appear to increase the base level by about 5 for each level. I've not determined how many AA are required to max itl. It appears to be about 250 to max the AA for each skill. In addition, some of the levels are only available to a 110 level toon. This is not confirmed put they are definitely level dependent. I don't know what the maximum experience level for the last level but would guess 110.

Does anyone know what the base level would be for a maxed. tradeskill AA. It is also unclear how much a trophy would add at the new base level. There is something in the wording to indicate the trophy has a maximum add which may not be 15%.

In short. you probably need to be 110 and spend close to 2,000 AA to max 7 skills. Is this worth the effort?

Iron, you are correct that the cap increases by 5 aa cost per tier, and it should be something like 3, 6, 9, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, which should be 443 per trade. Also, the last rank is level 105.

After you reach 300, you can not advance simply by making non trivial recipes. The last 50 points are gained by learning old (and new) recipes that you had never made before. It is possible to have made so many different recipes before you reached 300, that you will have jumped to a skill in the 320's. My enchanter did that, after gaining the aa's to go past 300 (305, 310, 315 etc), he was at a skill of around 327.

The maxed trophy at 350 skill is still 15%, but it is only 45 max points, raising your modified skill to 395.

Yes, you would spend 443 x7 aa's for the basic 7, but everyone can research now. Fishing also has the +50 bonus too, raising its cap to 250. And the race/class specific trades are raised to 350 as well. So a gnome rogue would spend 443 x (7 basic, +1 fishing, +2 tinkering & poison-making +1 research), for a total around 4873 aa's. And that's not counting the Salvage aa's to save you on those hard to get rare items.

If you know us trade-skillers here, we don't believe in "Is it worth the effort?" We do it for the sheer torture to our mentalities.
    Last edited by Windru; 02-16-2019, 03:13 AM.

Comment

"If you know us trade-skillers here, we don't believe in "Is it worth the effort?" We do it for the sheer torture to our mentalities."
      Now, that's the spirit! Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Windru View Post
        If you know us trade-skillers here, we don't believe in "Is it worth the effort?" We do it for the sheer torture to our mentalities.
        I usually go with the Mallory quote of, "Because it's there." but that works too.

Comment

Working...
        X