Returning to a New World in Tradeskills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to a New World in Tradeskills

What kind of person returning to active EQ status after years decides the first thing to do is pick up the pieces of his "old school" tradeskilling and find a way to join the 2100 Club? Don't returning players just want to make their characters powerful again?

Okay, call me unusual.

As an on again off again player since 1999, I've dabbled in all the tradeskills except for alchemy and poisons. In fact, I was granted the title of Grandmaster when I made a Grandmaster Jeweler's Eyeglass!

Of course, I've since been demoted, I'm considered only an "expert jeweler" now. Technology moves on.

After reading up on this awesome resource, I've learned that there are now quests for "evolving" trophies and new recipes to replace the ones I leveled up with. The Trader's corner contains tons of knowledge, but getting the ball rolling again from where I am at this point is the hard part.

Where I am:
    Baking 130
    Blacksmithing 66
    Brewing 27
    Fishing 200
    Fletching 2
    Jewelry Making 250 (only one I have a trophy in)
    Pottery 122
    Research 97
    Tailoring 31
    Tinkering 116

+ lots of banked tradeskill items and a free heroic character to supply me with foraged and farmed treasures, although my main has almost caught up in level.
    + only the auto-granted AA's, so probably none of the tradeskill ones.

So the fact that I wrote such a long post should convince you I'm committed to mastering the tradeskills. As I said before, I'm kind of unusual that way, but I'm hoping that the niche of players who frequent this site share the same passion. What steps should I take to get back on the right path in all the trades? Thank you in advance!

Just make sure you do the new tradeskill trophy quests for any trades in which you have leveled to 50 right after you get there and immediately for any trades more advanced if you have not already done so.

Comment

The guides stickied at the top of this forum still hold up - and what Paloverde said.

For tradeskill guides and UI mods that are NOT currently hosted on the site.
      Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
      AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Thank you so much Paloverde and Aanuvane! Perhaps I was a little overwhelmed and overthinking it all since I'm not starting at 0's in skills.

One clarification about the tradeskill trophy I made in the "old days." Is the evolving one that you get different, and if so, is there a way to convert mine or do I start over from scratch again? If I'm reading Paloverde right, I should grab a new, evolving one.

Comment

The "evolving" trophies are different from the "grandmaster" trophies. Don't destroy what you have, but yes, go get the evolving ones from Baublie in west freeport.
          AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Comment

Jumping into something after so many changes and so much time is intimidating.

I knew if I could find an entry point to continue what I started back before 2005, I could make the most of this great Trader's Corner resource. I'm extremely grateful for the kind guidance here, and the realization that it's not so different than I would have thought.

There is one last hitch before I start. It has to do with AA's. From what I've read, tradeskill AA's aren't auto-granted because some of them are at cross-purposes with leveling the trades (they are more for increasing successful combine rates).

As far as I can tell, Salvage is a no-brainer, returning components sometimes on failures. Tradeskill Mastery, however, seems to work against Salvage by increasing successes, thereby decreasing the effects of Salvage. I'm not sure how much tradeskill leveling products sell for these days, so I can't say if it's a wash or not, but in my previous experience, it would have been better to have the components back. Certainly, once you're maxed out, you want the Tradeskill Mastery AA's, but what do you think of its value during leveling?

Oh, and of course New Tanaan Crafting Mastery is a requirement.

Thanks again for all your help getting back on track in the exciting world of EQ tradeskills!
              Last edited by Okosar; 09-09-2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X